And all we know about is that it is the day when Jawaharlal Nehru was born and is celebrated as Children's day in childhood. For his fond love towards children, he got the title of Chacha Nehru or Chacha Ji.
Children's Day is also observed as International Day for Protection for Children in many nations on June 1.
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) paid homage to the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his 128th birth anniversary on Tuesday.The day is also celebrated as Children's Day.More news: Russia, China support Philippines in fighting terrorism, drugs - President Duterte
However, apart from being celebrated in schools and colleges, Children's Day is nowadays also marked by wishes on social media. The universal children's day was celebrated on 20th November, But after the death of Jawaharlal Nehru in 1964 India made a decision to celebrate Children's day on 14th November. On this day, the State and the Central Government also make it a point to showcase children's films as part of Film festivals organized in many parts of the country.
Children's Day was first officially declared a national holiday by the Republic of Turkey in 1929 with the set date of 23 April. Here we have Happy Children's Day 2017 Quotes, WhatsApp Status, Facebook Messages, Wishes, SMS which you can send it to your friends tell them thank you for making your childhood more awesome.
The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.More news: The Amazon.com's (AMZN) "Outperform" Rating Reaffirm at RBC Capital Markets
Children like to tell about their "Chacha Nehru" and "role of children to make future of the country" in their speech. "So give them something great to imitate".
Good morning everyone, today it is a very propitious event of children's day, which is celebrated in the remembrance of Jawaharlal Nehru. It is not unknown that Dr. Kalam loved to personally take classes and teach children. "His legacy continues to inspire us to build a better future for our children".
A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. Let the day be filled with loads of fun and joy.More news: Dodge & Cox Upped Its Schlumberger LTD (SLB) Holding
- Sack of 21700 teachers: Buhari backs El-Rufai
- Shares Of Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC) bought By OSWALD BRIAN H
- Rally Protesting Meek Mill's Prison Sentence to Be Held in Philadelphia
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's girlfriend, looking to exit USA's 'Suits'
- National Football League 2017 Week 10: Monday Night preview - Miami Dolphins at Carolina Panthers
- 22 policemen killed in S. Afghan checkpoints attack
- Motorola Moto X4 launched in India, price starts at Rs. 20999
- Australia v Honduras: Tim Cahill ready to lead Socceroos to Russian Federation
- Raiders' first-round pick Gareon Conley placed on IR
- ESPN Takes Aim at a Younger Audience with 'SportsCenter' Snapchat Series