If you use Firefox all the time - you're about to get just a little bit happier with your very smart choices in life.
Those who already use Firefox should receive an automatic upgrade to Quantum after restarting their browser.More news: The Value of Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) Underpriced by 12.3%?
One of the biggest updates is how lightweight Quantum is in terms of RAM usage. "No other browser can do this", Mozilla claims. The download links for Firefox Quantum or Firefox 57, whatever you would like to call, will pop-up on this page. Mozilla's removed the controversial rounded tabs that have proved unpopular with users since their introduction.
Security and privacy are also a focus of Firefox Quantum. The good news here is the source for this material - in that it's not your browsing habits (as far as we've been able to tell or have been told). The result is that the more cores a user's computer has, the faster content should load. Firefox Quantum definitely looks quite a bit sleeker, but it also includes a unified search bar, customizable toolbar, and built-in Pocket integration. This could help professionals when researching for a business proposal, or could help keep track of news articles written about a business or industry.
Speed is the big message that Mozilla is pushing with Firefox Quantum.More news: Infinix Zero 5 Smartphone With 16 Megapixel Front Camera Launched At ₹17999
Firefox Quantum is capable of 66 runs per minute, that's twice as fast as its previous version, according to Speedometer, a browser benchmark that measures the responsiveness of web applications.
Mozilla says its new browser uses less memory than its rivals, and has been created to help people get things done a lot more quickly.
A new responsive engine for tab navigation and privacy features also make Quantum a compelling option for business professionals.More news: (LUV) vs. Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK): Which is the Better Investment?
- New 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' IMAX Poster Released
- Institutional Investors Lead Shift in Callon Petroleum Co (NYSE:CPE) Sentiment
- Sold Out: Stove Top's stretchy Thanksgiving dinner trousers were a hot seller
- Congresswoman Says Two Current Members of Congress Sexually Harassed Staffers
- GameStop halts its unlimited used game rental program
- National Football League announces Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award nominees
- AT&T Could Seek White House Communications in Antitrust Review
- Black worker says Tesla factory was a "hotbed for racist behavior"
- Mannkind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD) Sees Price Swing - Down $0.08
- Benefits Of Coffee: Drinking Coffee Might Reduce Risk Of Stroke, Heart Disease