The fact that has Facebook four distinct Snapchat-like offerings for its main social network, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp can be pretty confusing. Back in August, it added the feature of making GIFs and recently it has given the option of allowing users to post their Insta stories on Facebook, simultaneously.
Facebook has discontinued the Messenger Day feature within its messaging app. For months, the features were completely separated from each other which was an interesting move from Facebook, to begin with. You'll be able to post a Story to either Messenger or Facebook and your Facebook friends and the people you chat with on Messenger will be able to see that Story. Views on both platforms will be synced as well.More news: Arthur Collins trial: Co-accused cleared over club acid attack
Facebook product manager Connor Hayes tells me the features "Give multiple people the opportunity to tell a Story from multiple different angles". Facebook then made a decision to launch a similar feature to its main app called Facebook Stories, then to WhatsApp called Status, as well as on its Messenger app called Messenger Day. "All you have to do is select from one of these audience settings on either Facebook or Messenger, and any changes you make from your existing audience settings will update across the other".
That's not all, along with the new changes, Facebook is also killing off its Facebook Direct disappearing message feature.More news: North Korean Soldier Is Shot While Defecting Across DMZ, South Says
To make sure the new version of Stories reaches as many potential users as possible, it will be available to Groups, Events and Pages. Instead, all the responses, stories, and Facebook camera texts would be routed via Messenger.
Paulina Bozek-Product Manager-Messenger said that Facebook has taken the initiative for this change as per the user response who prefer to have their story replies within the Messenger.More news: Woman found dead on Worongary road
Finally, Facebook is also launching a new collaborative Facebook Stories for Groups and Events. People will see Stories on their Event and Group pages, as well as atop their News Feed.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Shares Sold by Argent Trust Co
- Analyst Observation On 2 Stocks: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK), Shopify Inc. (SHOP)
- Shawn Mendes, Eminem and U2 among winners at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Citigroup Inc. Reaffirms Buy Rating for NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Pakistan Spinner Saeed Ajmal Announces Retirement
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Sees Large Increase in Short Interest
- Stock is up at $26.85 (DKS) DICK'S Sporting Goods Announces 2017…
- Sessions considering second special counsel to look into the Clinton Foundation
- Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab Marginally Increases Its Holdings in Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stock
- Only 50000 pilgrims allowed at Vaishno Devi a day: NGT