Everton officials contacted Watford on Monday morning after making the 40-year-old former Hull boss their No 1 choice.
Over the weekend Silva, 40, emerged as the new frontrunner for the Toffees post, and then tonight (Monday) the Merseyside outfit made a decision to try their luck by knocking on Watford's door. Silva wants the chance to talk to Everton but does not have a release clause in the two-year deal he signed over the summer.More news: (QCOM) is up at $65.31 Qualcomm Board of Directors Unanimously…
Watford have in recent years held a penchant to maintain their managerial rotation policy of a nearly a manager a season in the cases of Quique Sanchez Flores and Walter Mazzarri, however it would appear the Hertfordshire side are now bent on reversing that with Silva.
He nearly saved Hull from relegation from the Premier League and since taking charge at Watford he has guided them to their best ever top-flight start since the Graham Taylor era.More news: Mad Max's George Miller Is Taking Warner Bros. to Court
If they wanted Sam Allardyce, they should have given him the job before the worldwide break and, if they wanted Silva, they should have moved for him quickly in order to look at alternatives if required, not dawdle to such an extent that we are approaching a month since Everton last had a permanent manager.
Allardyce would be seen as a short-term solution but is believed to want more of a commitment.More news: New weather satellite scheduled to be launched on Tuesday
Caretaker boss Unsworth has overseen four games so far, losing three, and he's likely to remain at the helm for the weekend's clash at Crystal Palace, who were the first top-flight team to change managers, switching Frank de Boer for Roy Hodgson.
- GI tag says West Bengal is where the 'rosogolla' originated
- Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: United Nations watchdog report
- King Power: Leicester City's owners will fight '£323m lawsuit'
- TransEnterix, Inc. (TRXC), CVS Health Corporation (CVS) — Traders Focused Stocks
- Marriage Law survey results out tomorrow
- The Bachchans Look Royal At A Family Wedding!
- 9th Circuit partly allows third travel ban to take effect
- Tesco PLC Unconditional clearance of merger with Booker Group PLC
- Hugh Jackman Musical The Greatest Showman Gets A Second Trailer
- Sensex down by 281 pts, 3-week-low