Everton officials contacted Watford on Monday morning after making the 40-year-old former Hull boss their No 1 choice.
Over the weekend Silva, 40, emerged as the new frontrunner for the Toffees post, and then tonight (Monday) the Merseyside outfit made a decision to try their luck by knocking on Watford's door. Silva wants the chance to talk to Everton but does not have a release clause in the two-year deal he signed over the summer.More news: Hugh Jackman Musical The Greatest Showman Gets A Second Trailer
Watford have in recent years held a penchant to maintain their managerial rotation policy of a nearly a manager a season in the cases of Quique Sanchez Flores and Walter Mazzarri, however it would appear the Hertfordshire side are now bent on reversing that with Silva.
He nearly saved Hull from relegation from the Premier League and since taking charge at Watford he has guided them to their best ever top-flight start since the Graham Taylor era.More news: Thieves tunnel 25 feet into bank near Mumbai
If they wanted Sam Allardyce, they should have given him the job before the worldwide break and, if they wanted Silva, they should have moved for him quickly in order to look at alternatives if required, not dawdle to such an extent that we are approaching a month since Everton last had a permanent manager.
Allardyce would be seen as a short-term solution but is believed to want more of a commitment.More news: King Power: Leicester City's owners will fight '£323m lawsuit'
Caretaker boss Unsworth has overseen four games so far, losing three, and he's likely to remain at the helm for the weekend's clash at Crystal Palace, who were the first top-flight team to change managers, switching Frank de Boer for Roy Hodgson.
- PM Modi, Australia PM Turnbull hold bilateral meeting — ASEAN Summit
- New weather satellite scheduled to be launched on Tuesday
- Nir Zuk Sells 2000 Shares of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (PANW) Stock
- Oman oil minister - confident of agreement this month to extend output cuts
- Cyborg and why he's important to the Justice League
- Marriage Law survey results out tomorrow
- Trump Plans To Deliver Major Trade Announcement
- Teravainen, Hurricanes rip Stars 5-1
- GI tag says West Bengal is where the 'rosogolla' originated
- YSU grad murdered outside Massillon hospital