For the second time in two years, three properties belonging to underworld don Dawood Ibrahim were up for auction today by the Ministry of Finance and all three properties were bought by the "Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust". Three properties of Dawood or Doud Ibrahim and main accused in the 1993 serial bomb blasts were auctioned at the Indian Merchant Chamber office by the Ministry of Finance, under the Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (SAFEMA).
According to reports, the Raunak Afroz restaurant was auctioned for Rs 4.53 crore, Shabnam guesthouse for Rs 3.52 crore and Damarwala building for Rs 3.53 crore.
The Reserve price now kept for the property Rs 1 crore 55 lakh 76 thousand. The Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust had made the highest bid of around Rs 11.5 crore for the three properties.More news: Cyborg and why he's important to the Justice League
This is the second time in two years the ministry is trying to auction Dawood's properties which include Hotel Raunaq Afroz-also known as Delhi Zaika- Shabnam Guest House and six rooms in Damarwala building, on Pakmodia Street.
"The three properties fall under our ongoing Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment project". "The building was bought by Amina Bi, Dawood's mother, and Kaskar from Abdul Hussain Damarwala in the 1980s", said a tenant.
Three other properties will also be put up for auction-a Mazgaon flat, tenancy rights in Dadriwala chawl at Mohammed Ali Road and a factory plot in Aurangabad.More news: Thieves tunnel 25 feet into bank near Mumbai
Earlier in 2015, Hindu leader Swami Chakrapani bought Dawood's green Hyundai Accent auto at an auction for Rs 32,000. This toilet will be elegant and open to all free of cost.
"After acquiring Hotel Afroz in the bidding, I will build a plush toilet there for public use. By turning the gangster's property into a toilet, I want to send the message: see how terrorism ends!" he said earlier.More news: Nir Zuk Sells 2000 Shares of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (PANW) Stock
- Trump Plans To Deliver Major Trade Announcement
- TransEnterix, Inc. (TRXC), CVS Health Corporation (CVS) — Traders Focused Stocks
- Chelsea fans react to what Tiemoue Bakayoko has said about N'Golo Kante
- PM Modi, Australia PM Turnbull hold bilateral meeting — ASEAN Summit
- Louis CK's TV wife speaks out about his 'abhorrent' behavior
- New weather satellite scheduled to be launched on Tuesday
- The Cornerstone Capital Inc. Sold shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO)
- The Bachchans Look Royal At A Family Wedding!
- YSU grad murdered outside Massillon hospital
- Shanshan Feng leads Blue Bay LPGA after 3 rounds