Thursday NFL games have been under fire by players in recent weeks, and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined the group opposing the early games. You're still sore from Sunday's game. But your body just won't have as much to give as it would have had on a full week's rest.
LeBeau served as the Steelers defensive coordinator for 13 seasons, spanning two different stints, and Roethlisberger has seen first-hand what he can do to an opposing quarterback. During that tenure, Tennessee has picked up wins over the Colts, Browns, Ravens and Bengals, so they haven't exactly been beating the best teams in the league. During his call with 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh, the Steelers QB railed against the schedule, calling the game "miserable" and echoing the sentiments of Sherman and many others. At least seven players left the game with an injury, including two starting players for the Cardinals.More news: Mannkind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD) Sees Price Swing - Down $0.08
They are 7-0 over the past two seasons in games decided by four points or fewer and a seven-point start on the spread in Pennsylvania looks attractive with another close encounter very much on the cards. "You're beat up, you're banged up".
"You give up some big plays, you have a chance to lose football games", Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. Both teams are going through it, so I'm not just speaking on ours.More news: Iraqi Kurds seek talks after federal court bars secession
Tensions for the game are further increased by the Steelers-Titans rivalry that dates back to the 1970s when the Steelers and then-Houston Oilers played in the AFC Central.
There is nothing like having a short week to prepare not just for a game against a team that is in a first-place tie in their division, but throw on top of that a team with a defensive coordinator who knows a little bit about your offense, and will throw everything including the kitchen sink at you. Even a week, you're not still fully recovered Sunday to Sunday. You're still dealing with bumps and bruises and things continue to build up throughout the season... "It's one of those things, 'Hey guys, you know you did this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, you won, good job". Still, the league should shut these games down, especially if it wants anyone to take it seriously about player safety. The more injuries that pile up, the more diluted their product gets.More news: Volunteers Wanted To Knit Red Hats For Babies
The Steelers will wear their all-black Color Rush jerseys Thursday night against the Titans.
- Infinix Zero 5 Smartphone With 16 Megapixel Front Camera Launched At ₹17999
- Mahira Khan's 'Verna' awaits its fate
- Abe, Li to work toward early summit with South Korea's Moon
- Tennessee State football player sucker punches coach
- Jerry Jones 'laughs' in the face of National Football League attacks
- (LUV) vs. Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK): Which is the Better Investment?
- Apple Watch retakes lead of wearables market, Xiaomi second
- Nokia Corporation (NOK) Given "Buy" Rating at JP Morgan Chase & Co
- Analyst's Predictions on PPL Corporation (PPL), Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP)
- Survivors Of Sexual Abuse Honoured At Glamour Women Of The Year Awards