Thursday NFL games have been under fire by players in recent weeks, and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined the group opposing the early games. You're still sore from Sunday's game. But your body just won't have as much to give as it would have had on a full week's rest.
LeBeau served as the Steelers defensive coordinator for 13 seasons, spanning two different stints, and Roethlisberger has seen first-hand what he can do to an opposing quarterback. During that tenure, Tennessee has picked up wins over the Colts, Browns, Ravens and Bengals, so they haven't exactly been beating the best teams in the league. During his call with 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh, the Steelers QB railed against the schedule, calling the game "miserable" and echoing the sentiments of Sherman and many others. At least seven players left the game with an injury, including two starting players for the Cardinals.More news: AT&T Could Seek White House Communications in Antitrust Review
They are 7-0 over the past two seasons in games decided by four points or fewer and a seven-point start on the spread in Pennsylvania looks attractive with another close encounter very much on the cards. "You're beat up, you're banged up".
"You give up some big plays, you have a chance to lose football games", Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. Both teams are going through it, so I'm not just speaking on ours.More news: 3 dead after shooting in Northern California elementary school
Tensions for the game are further increased by the Steelers-Titans rivalry that dates back to the 1970s when the Steelers and then-Houston Oilers played in the AFC Central.
There is nothing like having a short week to prepare not just for a game against a team that is in a first-place tie in their division, but throw on top of that a team with a defensive coordinator who knows a little bit about your offense, and will throw everything including the kitchen sink at you. Even a week, you're not still fully recovered Sunday to Sunday. You're still dealing with bumps and bruises and things continue to build up throughout the season... "It's one of those things, 'Hey guys, you know you did this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, you won, good job". Still, the league should shut these games down, especially if it wants anyone to take it seriously about player safety. The more injuries that pile up, the more diluted their product gets.More news: Institutional Investors Lead Shift in Callon Petroleum Co (NYSE:CPE) Sentiment
The Steelers will wear their all-black Color Rush jerseys Thursday night against the Titans.
- Sold Out: Stove Top's stretchy Thanksgiving dinner trousers were a hot seller
- HC rejects plea by Ker minister; pulls him up for moving court
- The Value of Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) Underpriced by 12.3%?
- National Football League announces Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award nominees
- Iraqi Kurds seek talks after federal court bars secession
- Volvo's parent company just bought a 'flying car' startup
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stake Increased by Dimensional Fund Advisors Lp
- (LUV) vs. Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK): Which is the Better Investment?
- Survivors Of Sexual Abuse Honoured At Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- Tennessee State football player sucker punches coach