The Cabinet Minister said that the government has received a detailed report from the Indian High Commission in Dhaka on the November 10 incident.
A thousands-strong mob set ablaze a Hindu village in Bangladesh after rumors began spreading in the area, alleging that a man from their community insulted Prophet Muhammad on Facebook. Bangladeshi authorities have meanwhile assured the villagers "that compensation will be paid to affected persons to rebuild their houses and adequate security will be provided".More news: S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
In October 2015, at least 15 Hindu temples in Bangladesh were vandalised over allegations of disrespect shown to Islam on Facebook, triggering panic among the minority community in the Muslim-majority nation. The rumour was that one Titu Roy, originally from Thakurpara but now living in Narayanganj, put up a Facebook post defaming Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) a few days ago.
One person was killed and at least five more seriously injured after 20,000 Muslims attacked Hindu homes in the village of Thakurbari, in the Rangpur Sadar region of the country, on Friday.More news: Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech taunts Tottenham ahead of Saturday's north London derby
The crowd was made up of residents from between six and seven neighbouring villages, including Paglapeer, Mominpur and Horialkuthi.
Police on Saturday morning filed the case with Gangachhara police station of Rangpur against more than 2000 people, including 25-30 named ones. The incident took place in Rangpur district's Thakurpara village. The panel has been asked to submit its report within a week.More news: Jimmy Kimmel's Famous Friends Roast Him for 50th Birthday Late-Night Spectacular
- Investors bid down TJX Companies after earnings
- Vodafone Turns To Profit In H1, Lifts FY18 Earnings View; Stock Up
- Bharti Infratel shares fall on block deals, Airtel up 1%
- Trader's Buzz: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Gets $2.3 Billion-Plus Buyout Bid From Roark Capital
- PDP chairmanship: Bode George advocates micro zoning, equity
- YouTube deletes thousands of videos from extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki
- More and more stores are staying closed on Thanksgiving and Black Friday
- The Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Rating Reaffirm by Drexel Hamilton
- Former Pharmaceutical Company Executive Picked to Run HHS