25-year-old Arthur Collins was successfully convicted in the United Kingdom after injuring more than 20 people with acid in a bottle thrown over a crowded room.
A second man who was charged over the attack, Andre Phoenix, was found not guilty on all counts of grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm. He told the court that he thought the substance was a date rape drug and snatched it off two men to prevent them spiking another girl's drink.
A decisive piece of evidence was a text Collins sent to his sister a week prior to the attack, which read: "Tell mum to mind that little hand wash in my vehicle - acid".
More than a dozen people were injured when acid was thrown over clubbers on the dancefloor of the packed venue.
He wept in the dock as the jury's verdict was read out and turned to look at his mother, who was present throughout the trial.
The jury are still considering the charges against 25-year-old Mr Collins.More news: Analyst Observation On 2 Stocks: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK), Shopify Inc. (SHOP)
"Acid can be as much of a weapon as a knife with equally damaging consequences, and numerous victims of this attack suffered very serious injuries".
His co-defendant, Andre Phoenix, 21, of Clyde Road, Tottenham, was acquitted of four counts of grievous bodily harm and two of actual bodily harm this morning.
The substance thrown over the crowd was tested and found to have a pH rating of 1, with 1 indicating an aggressively strong acid.
Phoenix said he would just "knock them out" if someone angered him, adding 'I don't roll with acid'.
Victims described a burning smell and their skin "blistering straight away" before everyone started "screaming, shouting, running".
CCTV shown at Wood Green Crown Court appeared to show Mr Phoenix holding Mr Collins' arms as he sprayed liquid at revellers.More news: Protest Interrupts Ivanka Trump Tax Discussion In New Jersey
Collins was dating The Only Way Is Essex star Ferne McCann at the time of the attack, with the reality star immediately dissociating herself from him when news of his arrest broke.
When Collins was apprehended by police, he was Tasered after trying to flee from an upstairs window of a house in Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire.
"I stood up and felt something wet on my back".
He said he did not hand himself in to police because he feared Ms McCann would be targeted by gang members if he did.
Collins will be sentenced on December 19.More news: Shark hits surfer on NSW Central Coast
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) Shares Bought by Intrust Bank NA
- ASEAN, Hong Kong sign free trade, investment agreements
- Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab Marginally Increases Its Holdings in Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stock
- Man shot dead in Delhi court
- Earnings According to Quant For Link Real Estate Investment Trust (SEHK:823)
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Stock Rating Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Shares Sold by Argent Trust Co
- Only 50000 pilgrims allowed at Vaishno Devi a day: NGT
- Stock is up at $26.85 (DKS) DICK'S Sporting Goods Announces 2017…
- Fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, none injured