Tottenham Hotspur central defender Jan Vertonghen was held out of Tuesday's 3-3 global friendly draw with Mexico after he tweaked his ankle in training with the Belgium national team earlier in the week.
The Gunners host their local rivals in the early kick off on Saturday (18 November) and will go into the game four points and three places behind Spurs.
'We were under pressure the last couple of years, people talking about winning trophies, obviously we are disappointed not to have won the title but we won FA Cups.More news: Trump's Chief of Staff on Trump's Tweets: 'They Are What They Are'
Arsene Wenger's side will be looking to bounce back after a 3-1 defeat away at Manchester City last time out.
'There is always one odd year where things can change, but the most important thing for us is competing against the other teams for the Premier League title and for the glory. Two years ago when we finished above them we were disappointed because we didn't win the title.
"Tottenham have also been impressive and I had thought they would struggle going for the title with the Wembley and playing in the Champions League but they've gotten over it really well, so I'd have them third in the mix", he added.
"Tottenham came above Arsenal last season so they are better - simple".More news: Duke vs. Michigan State live stream
Regardless, barring any further injuries ahead of the weekend, it looks like Spurs will be fielding a very strong team against Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday.
With their contracts running out in 2018 it has been suggested that Arsenal should allow both Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil to leave for the good of the team.
The first North London derby of the season kicks off on Saturday when Spurs travel to the Emirates in the first Premier League game after the global break ends.More news: Amazon is Bringing 'Lord of the Rings' to the Small Screen
- Studs and Duds from Bears' Week 10 loss to Packers
- Trans Pacific Partnership Trade Deal Advances Without United States
- S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
- Jordin Sparks announces pregnancy after secret marriage
- PDP chairmanship: Bode George advocates micro zoning, equity
- Google Pixel 2 XL Just Can't Get A Break
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (NASDAQ:WBA) reported Sales of 118.21 Billion
- Scientists 'Second Notice' to Humanity Warns of Environmental Doom
- Local, state police respond to shooting in Fall River
- Vodafone Turns To Profit In H1, Lifts FY18 Earnings View; Stock Up