Those who forked out big dollars and were hoping for a perfectly rectangular display made it no secret they were frustrated by the "ugly" black bar at the top of the phone, which houses all the technology behind the advanced front-screen camera and facial recognition ID. Over the weekend, developer Axiem Systems released an app on the App Store called Notch Remover.More news: Sudanese president to visit Uganda next Tuesday
Still, if you hate the notch that much, it's not a bad idea to spend $0.99 on an app to try and mask it. Now, it doesn't actually remove the notch or the functionality of it, but it hides it under a black bar that you save as wallpapers. Notcho is free to download, but all of the wallpapers you use with have a "Notcho" watermark on them unless you pay $1.99 to have it removed via in-app purchase.
With the modified wallpapers, the "ears" atop the display will fade away and your display will look normal again. Best yet, it has gained approval from Apple which is a bit surprising given the language Cupertino uses in its developer guidelines.More news: Bill Gates Building a 25000-Acre Smart City in Arizona
"The iPhone X has a 5.8" display that stretches from edge to edge. After making all these changes, your iPhone X ends up with something like an old school monobrow status bar, replacing the two brows now appearing at the top of the home and lock screens on the iPhone X. What makes it even better is the fact that you don't need o jailbreak your phone in order to make these changes to the display.More news: Donald Trump Asked Chinese President for Help With the UCLA Shoplifters
- Conor McGregor not sorry for shoving Bellator ref
- U.S. top court to hear case over 'crisis pregnancy centers'
- Trump asked Xi Jinping to help UCLA basketball players busted shoplifting
- Tom Hanks's cameo on 'Last Week Tonight' that you probably missed
- LeBron and Cavs take the NY subway ahead of Knicks game
- McLaren's Interlagos tyre test with Pirelli cancelled due to security concerns
- Detroit Cops Fight Each Other over Drug Bust Gone Wrong
- Grigor Dimitrov edges Dominic Thiem in opener
- After Online Vote, Australian Ferry Will Be Named 'Ferry McFerryface'
- Wolfenstein II Sets Road Map for Downloadable Content