At the moment, Android Marshmallow stands at 30.9 percent, making it the most used version of Android.More news: 4th person shot dead in Tampa neighborhood
Despite launching in August, Android 8.0 only made its debut with last month's distribution numbers.
Meanwhile, Android 7.0 rose 1.8 percentage points to 17.6%, while 7.1 saw a one point increased to 3%. Other versions of Android such as Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread account for 7.2 percent market share in 2017. While Android 8.0 Oreo is steadily making a progress, it isn't as significant yet.More news: Democratic Sen. Feinstein says judicial nominee has conflict
Just like Android 8.1, this is still in beta and there is no official announcement on when it will move into the stable stage and be ready to consumers. The previous generation iOS 10 is only running at 26.48 percent and rest 5.65 percent is of older version running on iPhones and iPads.
Android Oreo comes with numerous enhancements over the Android Nougat such as faster booting, extended battery life by cutting down on unnecessary activities of apps in the background, more fluid experiences to phones and tablets as well as improvements in security via Google Play Protect that checks suspicious activities and malware in applications. Lastly, an auto-fill function will allow users to automatically fill in text fields when accessing services or making payments.More news: New weather satellite scheduled to be launched on Tuesday
A new analysis of Android's notorious update problems suggests patching is actually getting worse over time.
- ASI caught on camera getting massage from woman home guard
- Trump Asks China's President To Help Resolve UCLA Shoplifting Case
- Jimmy Fallon pays tearful tribute to his mother
- Chelsea fans react to what Tiemoue Bakayoko has said about N'Golo Kante
- Shanshan Feng leads Blue Bay LPGA after 3 rounds
- Child located in auto - Newport
- French skier dies during training in Canada
- Thieves tunnel 25 feet into bank near Mumbai
- Dawood Ibrahim's Mumbai Properties Auctioned For Over 11 Crores, Includes Hotel
- Marcus Rashford: I'm trying to model my game on Brazil's Ronaldo