Still, Moon's planned visit to China coincides with an improvement in relations after the nations agreed to put aside a dispute over the deployment of a USA missile shield on South Korean soil.
The nuclear ambitions of North Korea will likely top the agenda of a Moon-Xi meeting.
Abe and Li also agreed to strengthen their cooperation to meet the growing threat from North Korea's nuclear and missile programs, including full implementation of U.N. Security Council sanctions.More news: NBCC Q2 net profit up 31 pc at Rs 81 cr
After months of Chinese protest and discussions, the countries' foreign ministries issued a joint statement on October 31, saying the countries will put their relationship back on the right track.
"Prime Minister [Li] said the countries will inevitably face sensitive issues as the China-South Korea relations develop, but that the development of practical cooperation between China and South Korea is very bright", Yoon told a press briefing.
Moon added: "I strongly hope that both countries can work hard together in order to make up for the lost time between the two of us", he added. Still, the Chinese President said that he is looking forward to a responsible act of the South Korean government. The deployment of Thaad has contributed to a 0.4 percentage point drop in South Korea's gross domestic product growth in 2017, according to Bank of Korea estimates, preventing it from growing at the fastest pace since 2011.More news: Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech taunts Tottenham ahead of Saturday's north London derby
While President moon didn't mention the "THAAD Word" once, this as effectively what it was all about, although no fine details have yet been forthcoming on what has been agreed between the two leaders. Next year will mark the 40th anniversary of the peace and friendship treaty between Japan and China. And Japan's relations with South Korea hit a sour note this month.
(Chinese) "China, South Korea relations and the situation on the Korean peninsula are at a pivotal stage".
In his bilateral meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit, Moon noted that "Korean wave is popular in the Philippines", with 1.5 million Korean tourists visiting the Philippines annually.More news: Huntington National Bank Raises Position in Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR)
- Freeport-McMoran, Inc. (FCX) Holdings Boosted by Morse Asset Management Inc
- Amazon is Bringing 'Lord of the Rings' to the Small Screen
- Short Interest in American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE:AEO) Decreases By 12
- One-off McLaren 720S revealed at Dubai motor show
- Iranian Presence in Syria Is Legitimate, Russia Says Amid Israeli Concerns
- How Insiders and Institutions are Trading Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL)
- Brokers Recommendations on: Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
- Don't write oil's 'obituary', IEA says in long-term demand forecast
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) Position Increased by Wealthfront Inc
- White man identifies as 'transracial' Filipino