Police were asking residents of a Tampa neighborhood to stay inside Tuesday morning after a man was found shot to death in the same area where three people were killed last month.
Tampa police said a body was found before 5 a.m. off North Nebraska Avenue near East McBerry Street.
They believe the killer may still be in the area.
The area where Felton's body was found is close to where three other murders occurred in Seminole Heights last month.More news: New weather satellite scheduled to be launched on Tuesday
Police are calling the death suspicious and believe the victim may have been shot.
It's not known if Tuesday's homicide is connected to the three October murders, but a Tampa police spokesman told NBC News it will be treated that way until it is ruled out. Many streets are closed as detectives search for the killer, conduct interviews and gather evidence.
A makeshift memorial for shooting victim Anthony Naiboa sits on a sidewalk in the Seminole Heights section of Tampa.
On Oct. 9, Benjamin Mitchell, 22, was shot in Seminole Heights while waiting for a bus. No other details were immediately released, including whether the person was shot.More news: YSU grad murdered outside Massillon hospital
There is a massive police presence in the area searching for the suspect.
The killings began on October 9, when 22-year-old Benjamin Mitchell was shot and killed in front of his home, CNN reported.
Police have released a video of a "person of interest" who was recorded running from the scene of the first murder.
Currently, authorities are offering a $41,000 reward for anyone who has information leading to the arrest of a suspect.More news: ASI caught on camera getting massage from woman home guard
- Marriage Law survey results out tomorrow
- AWS sells China hardware to local cloud partner
- Livingston shines in Curry's absence as Warriors roll to seventh straight win
- The Cornerstone Capital Inc. Sold shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO)
- Thieves tunnel 25 feet into bank near Mumbai
- Storm Relief Yields Sales Momentum for Home Depot
- Week 10 game grades: Minnesota Vikings vs. Washington Redskins
- Child located in auto - Newport
- Everton have £8.5m move for Silva rejected by Watford
- Mad Max's George Miller Is Taking Warner Bros. to Court