Three people have been killed in a shooting at an elementary school in Tehama County Tuesday morning.
Investigators from the Sheriff's Department confirmed that multiple shots were fired and there are multiple victims.
The shooter has been killed by local law enforcement. "Multiple students" have been airlifted from the scene according to Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston, including a 6-year-old.More news: Freeport-McMoran, Inc. (FCX) Holdings Boosted by Morse Asset Management Inc
KCRA reports officers are investigating at least five scenes in the school and the surrounding area. "We have at least 5 scenes right now", the deputy said.
Several children have been transported to the hospital.
Witnesses told KRCR that two children were injured during the gunfire.More news: HC rejects plea by Ker minister; pulls him up for moving court
There were reports of somebody barricaded in a structure and of multiple victims, including one person who is dead. Rancho Tehama is southwest of Red Bluff.
Students at Rancho Tehama Elementary are being evacuated to the Rancho Tehama Recreation Hall.More news: Croatia, Switzerland qualify for World Cup
- Tennessee State football player sucker punches coach
- Iranian Presence in Syria Is Legitimate, Russia Says Amid Israeli Concerns
- Dallas prosecutor fired for berating Uber driver
- Making stocks you should surely buy: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- One-off McLaren 720S revealed at Dubai motor show
- Volvo's parent company just bought a 'flying car' startup
- Volunteers Wanted To Knit Red Hats For Babies
- Abe, Li to work toward early summit with South Korea's Moon
- White man identifies as 'transracial' Filipino
- FY2017 Earnings Estimate for Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) Issued By Wedbush