Among U.S. adults intending to purchase tech products during November, including Black Friday Week, the top five tech products shoppers plan to buy are: video-game consoles, smartphones, TVs, laptops and tablets. In-store, doorbuster discounts will be available starting at 6 p.m.
That's different from previous year when it kept the stores open straight through the night.More news: Coca-Cola European Partners plc (CCE)- Keep Eye on High Institutional Ownership Stocks
But while some shoppers might enjoy the experience of camping outside their favorite stores in the November weather, doing your Black Friday shopping online at home in your pajamas is an advantage that can't be overstated during Thanksgiving time - especially since stores like Walmart have a pick-up in store option.
New York & Company, a wear-to-work fashion retailer for women, will have a big Black Friday 2017 sales event with savings up to 75% and hundreds of doorbuster deals. In addition, nearly two-thirds (60 percent) of the holiday gift budget during the Black Friday shopping week (Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday) will go towards tech products.More news: General Electric plans to slice quarterly dividend in half
The company is releasing color-coded maps of its stores to help customers find what they are looking for.
Despite the controversy about stores remaining open on Thanksgiving, 49% of American adults will shop that day, but more will be shopping online or via a mobile device, at 33%, than will be shopping in store, at 30%.More news: Brady: House Won't Accept Repeal of State, Local Tax Deductions
- Navy SEALs killed Green Beret over embezzlement scheme
- Salvation Army offers one more chance to apply for Christmas assistance
- Justice Asif Khosa of SC rescues himself from Hudaibiya Paper Mills reference
- Joe Biden 'not closing the door' on 2020 run
- Abe hails "fresh start" to Japan-China ties after Xi meeting
- Christopher Plummer on Kevin Spacey: 'The situation is very sad'
- Mookie Betts rolled a flawless game at the World Series of Bowling
- Government rolls out BharatNet Phase 2, aims 100% connectivity by 2020
- Monday's First Warning Forecast: Morning rain then clearing skies
- Lynn, Tahir headline picks in PSL draft