Uganda will be hosting the 6th Session of the Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) by March 2018.
"During the upcoming Official Visit by President Omer al-Bashir, a number of areas of cooperation will be discussed including trade and investment, agriculture, regional peace and security as well as global matters of mutual interest", said a statement on Saturday.
Omar al-Bashir (R) welcomes Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni at Khartoum Airport for talks during an official visit to Sudan September 15, 2015. Patrick Mugoya on the 5th of october and held various meetings, during which the two sides agreed on steps to implement the decisions taken by the 5th session of the Joint Ministerial Commission which was held in Khartoum.
During the upcoming Official Visit by President Omar Al-Bashir, a number of areas of cooperation will be discussed including trade and investment, agriculture, regional peace and security as well as global matters of mutual interest.More news: New Harry Potter Game Doesn't Mean Dev Will Stop Supporting Pokemon Go
He was last in the country in May a year ago to attend President Museveni's fifth swearing-in ceremony.
This is not the first time President Omar Al-Bashir will be visiting Uganda.
The visit is a sign of deepening ties between the two countries that were once foes over supporting each other's rebel fighters.
They are seeking opportunities for trade, investment and business partnerships with their Ugandan counterpart. President Museveni is the current president of the EAC, a regional bloc made up of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan.More news: Government rolls out BharatNet Phase 2, aims 100% connectivity by 2020
The highpoint of the visit is a Sudan-Uganda Business Forum to be held on Tuesday.
The ICC issued arrest warrants for al-Bashir in 2009 and 2010 on charges of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity in the Sudanese region of Darfur.
According to statistics, Sudan imports 20% of Uganda's coffee and is the single biggest export market for Ugandan coffee, earning the country over 100 million dollars in revenue.
Uganda has always ignored calls to arrest Bashir.More news: Chay and Sam wedding reception held in a lavish manner
- Monday's First Warning Forecast: Morning rain then clearing skies
- Four who died in I-94 crash identified by police
- Two militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir
- PM "at his most Harperesque" as he sits out TPP meeting
- Walmart will open Thanksgiving, offer early discounts
- Coca-Cola European Partners plc (CCE)- Keep Eye on High Institutional Ownership Stocks
- Sierra Nevada Corporation after glide test flight of Dream Chaser space plane
- Michael Bublé Has Just Announced A Huge Stadium Gig For Dublin
- Abe hails "fresh start" to Japan-China ties after Xi meeting
- 'Modern Day Maharaja' Jinder Mahal accepts Triple H's challenge for one-on-one match