Two-time world champion Evgenia Medvedeva took the lead at the NHK Trophy after Friday's short program.
Carolina Kostner of Italy took second with 212.24 and Russian Polina Tsurskaya was third.
The Japanese Nationals take place December 20-24 and the Japan Olympic team will be announced afterward.More news: 'Good chance' Martellus Bennett plays Sunday night for Patriots
Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu wants to get a good measure of how his preparations are going for next year's Pyeongchang Games, so he's aiming high at the NHK Trophy.
Her short program included a triple flip-triple toe loop combination, a triple loop and a double axel.
"Unfortunately their judgment was that I withdraw", Hanyu said in a statement. I am very sorry to have everyone anxious. You have days when it is not so easy and you need to get into that fighting mode. "I would appreciate everybody's consideration and understanding so that I may concentrate on the rehabilitation and my training to be able to perform well at nationals".More news: Short Interest in Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) Drops By 40.2%
Voronov's winning routine to the "Sarabande Suite" which opened with a flawless quadruple toeloop-triple toeloop combination, won a standing ovation and screams of delight from the crowd in the western city of Osaka to gain a personal best 181.06 for the short program and 271.12 overall.
Skating to "Hallelujah", the Chinese duo scored 79.43 points to finish ahead Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov. Alexi Bychenko of Israel was second with 85.52 points, while Jason Brown of the United States was third with 85.36.
In the women's event, world champion Evgenia Medvedeva won in Russian Federation and will be bidding to book her trip to a fifth consecutive Grand Prix Final with another victory in Osaka.More news: Jordi Alba has enjoyed Barcelona more since Neymar left
World pairs champions Wenjing Sui and Cong Han of China surged to gold with 155.10 points, a record for the free skate, for a total of 234.53.
- New Zealand trade envoy: TPP chances best if changes few
- Boeing boosts its 787 Dreamliner order book with $15.1 billion Emirates deal
- Liz Smith, Grand Dame of Dish, Dead at 94
- MS Dhoni responds to criticism seeking his ouster from India's T20 team
- Following UFC Norfolk Win, Dustin Poirier Wants Eddie Alvarez Again
- Pinarayi to decide on seeking Thomas Chandy's resignation
- Muslim man shot dead by cow vigilantes in India
- Cole Kelley arrested for DWI
- Giants could fire Ben McAdoo if Giants lose to 49ers
- Rams keep rolling, rout Houston Texans, 33-7