Paul has tweeted articles from Breitbart and the Washington Examiner, which claim neighbors of Paul and Boucher believe the incident was not a landscape dispute. Paul previously said on Twitter he suffered the broken ribs from the November 3 incident and that X-rays showed a pleural effusion, which is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that line the lungs and the chest.
Boucher, a Democrat, admitted to tackling Paul, according to an arrest warrant from Kentucky State Police.More news: Abe hails "fresh start" to Japan-China ties after Xi meeting
Paul tweeted he will be ready to move forward with tax cuts in the coming days.
Last week at an arraignment hearing, Boucher pleaded not guilty to the charges. Rand Paul will return to the Senate on Monday after being seriously injured at his home in an alleged attack by his neighbor earlier this month.More news: Government rolls out BharatNet Phase 2, aims 100% connectivity by 2020
Boucher was charged with fourth-degree assault, a misdemeanor. The law offices of Thomas N. Kerrick confirmed by phone Monday morning that the senator has retained their services. But Paul's senior advisor, Doug Stafford, tells WDRB that this is a serious criminal matter involving serious injury. An argument over leaf clippings is said to be the reason behind the attack. Paul's ribs were broken. If politics were a factor, there could be possible federal charges against Mr. Boucher. He called it "a very regrettable dispute" that was "trivial".More news: George Bush Snr 'groped 16-year-old girl' during 2003 photo op
- Four who died in I-94 crash identified by police
- New Harry Potter Game Doesn't Mean Dev Will Stop Supporting Pokemon Go
- Call of Duty: WW2 Dev "Working Around The Clock" To Address Issues
- Sudanese president to visit Uganda next Tuesday
- EA Issues an Unpopular Response to Battlefront 2 Unlock Queries
- Wolfenstein II Sets Road Map for Downloadable Content
- Not Delhi, Varanasi tops list of India's most polluted cities
- Walmart will open Thanksgiving, offer early discounts
- Hardik Patel says viral video is morphed, BJP is playing dirty games
- Navy SEALs killed Green Beret over embezzlement scheme