During Saturday's summit, Moon and Xi also agreed to quickly normalise bilateral exchanges in all sectors, Yoon added, repeating what was said in the agreement announced last month when the two countries agreed to end a year-long standoff over the deployment of a USA anti-missile system.
Separately, Xi met Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and also pledged a "fresh start". According to this explanation, the only reason Xi brought up the THAAD issue again was to put weight on bringing the issue to a close and normalizing South Korea-China relations.
Bong Young-shik, an expert on regional relations at South Korea's Yonsei University, said: "China's economic retaliation only pushed Korea closer into the trilateral alliance between Japan and the US".More news: Stephen Jones Slams Ireland's Reaction To World Rugby Report
Now, a meeting between Chinese president Xi Jinping and his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in appears to have strengthened relations between the countries. "I totally feel the same way", Abe told reporters.
Abe said he had proposed visiting China at an appropriate time, which would then be followed by Xi visiting Japan.
They reached the agreement on the sidelines of the APEC summit in Danang, Vietnam, according to Cheong Wa Dae.More news: Rowan Atkinson to become father again at 62
Meanwhile, the two agreed for Moon to visit Xi in China in December to hold another round of summit talks, while Moon invited Xi to South Korea during the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games, which falls in February next year, the spokesman said. This was stated in the office of the President of South Korea, reports Reuters.
The two leaders also agreed to try and solve the North Korean nuclear issue peacefully through dialogue. "Since China has not retracted its official position that THAAD damages its strategic interests, the THAAD issue continues to simmer and could still boil over under the right circumstances", said Lee Hui-ok, director of the Sungkyun Institute of China Studies.More news: Stabbing at Mall of America, suspect arrested
- Costa Rica Hit by 6.5 Magnitude Earthquake
- Jacinda Ardern meets with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue keep on winning
- Cole Kelley arrested for DWI
- Is your iPhone X freezing in cold weather?
- Wrighty: Loftus-Cheek better player than Chelsea midfielder Bakayoko
- Body Found In France Confirmed As That Of Missing Clare Woman
- Box office collection of 'Golmaal Again' reaches Rs 198 crore!
- Golf fall for Japanese PM during Trump visit
- National Football League looking into Wilson's concussion test