This one is a tough pill to swallow for Seattle Seahawks fans.
Having played their Week 10 game on Thursday night, Wilson and the Seahawks will have plenty of time to rest before returning to the field in Week 11 when they'll host the Falcons on Monday night.More news: The Spice Girls reportedly set for 2018 reunion and new album
Wilson stayed on the grown for a bit, then rose to his feet, grabbing at his mouth. This raised some eyebrows considering Wilson was sent off the field by referee Walt Anderson specifically so the medical staff could clear him. Under the protocol, a player can not return to practice or a game until he is approved to do so by the team doctor and an independent neurologist.
Earlier in the press conference, Sherman said of the injury, "It's been bothering me all season".More news: Pinarayi to decide on seeking Thomas Chandy's resignation
The team's defense has already taken a few hits this season with injuries, and Sherman's could be the straw that breaks the camel's back when it comes to the Seahawks succeeding for the rest of the year. I told him I was good, I was good. I think Walt thought maybe I was injured or something like that.
"Then I finally went over and did the whole concussion stuff and all that". He made the smartest decision - I was fine, though. A hundred percent fine. Went through every question you could imagine. "I answered even some more for them just so they knew I was good and then went back in there".
Perhaps the league is reviewing the procedure because the replays shown on the NBC broadcast didn't necessarily reflect Wilson's recollection of the situation. "It was one of them things where you just have to play through it as long as you can and when it goes, it goes".More news: PS4 Black Friday sales include PSVR with biggest price cuts yet
The team can be subject to league discipline if concussion protocols are not followed properly.
- Jacinda Ardern meets with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Rowan Atkinson to become father again at 62
- Tehran urges France not to act under influence
- Is your iPhone X freezing in cold weather?
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez to keep their romance low key
- Cole Kelley arrested for DWI
- New Zealand trade envoy: TPP chances best if changes few
- Light rain showers tonight, cooler weather Monday
- Golf fall for Japanese PM during Trump visit
- PM arrives in Manila for 31st ASEAN Summit and related meetings