Rather, the move was to gain access to EA's resources, and technologies Respawn doesn't now have access to. In his statement, Zampella explained why joining EA is a good move for the company.
"Ultimately, my message is we are still Respawn and we are going to make the same games we did before, and hopefully better", Zampella said. We felt that now was the time to join an industry leader that brings the resources and support we need for long term success, while still keeping our culture and creative freedom.More news: IT searches in dozen places linked to AIADMK leader V K Sasikala
Of course, the folks at Respawn Entertainment aren't the only ones excited about the acquisition. Our longtime partnership is grounded in a shared desire to push the boundaries and deliver extraordinary and innovative new experiences for players around the world. "The acquisition builds on a successful publishing partnership between Respawn and EA, which multiple projects now in development - a new title in the Titanfall franchise, a game set in the Star Wars universe, and a VR gaming experience".
EA has previously partnered with Respawn Entertainment with its two "Titanfall" releases.More news: Liverpool star already house hunting in Barcelona
Respawn and EA have multiple projects now in development, including a new Titanfall title, a game in the Star Wars universe, and a VR gaming experience. There's also $164 million in long-term equity up for grabs. There's no word yet on what exactly the game will look like or when it's due, but the prospect of one of the most exciting game studios working with Star Wars is enough to get us giddy.
Zampella also said that he will continue to run things at Respawn and will be a part of the studio leadership team at EA. "The acquisition is expected to be neutral to EA's net income in fiscal years 2018 and 2019". The performance milestones mentioned in the press release are allegedly related to Metacritic scores. What are your thoughts on the EA acquisition of Repawn Entertainment?More news: Victor Moses nominated for BBC African Footballer of the Year award
- Apex court refuses plea to ban release of 'Padmavati'
- Prime Minister Modi to meet India U17 World Cup team on Friday
- Better Things star Pamela Adlon is 'devastated' about Louis CK's behavior
- Alabama Stands by Judge Moore
- Volunteer firefighter arrested after killing another firefighter at crash scene, .21 BAC
- Morocco, Tunisia, Join World Cup List
- Cross Country Breaks More Records at NCAA Regionals
- Nottinghamshire's Ball will be fit for Ashes opener
- Colts QB Andrew Luck is in Europe for treatment on injured shoulder
- DR Horton beats profit estimate, raises 2018 forecast