iDropNews has shared some renders of what an iPad Pro with Face ID may look like.
To do this, Apple will remove the Home button with the Touch ID, and will implement the new Face ID sensor on the iPhone X. However, reports such as this, along with the recent allegations that even the face of a sibling of a different age can beat Face ID, may start making iPhone X owners and potential customers anxious.More news: Liverpool star already house hunting in Barcelona
Survey says around 60% of buyers want the iPhone X $1149 model!
"The mask is crafted by combining 3D printing with makeup and 2D images, besides some special processing on the cheeks and around the face, where there are large skin areas, to fool AI of Face ID", said Bkav vice president Ngo Tuan Anh.More news: Show of force planned by 3 United States of America aircraft carrier groups
Not really. The security firm also acknowledges that "normal people" shouldn't be anxious about their iPhone X Face ID being compromised by such masks, as the effort it takes to make such masks is simply too much.
It now appears all that work has been in vain, as Vietnamese security company Bkav has demonstrated that a simple (or somewhat complex) mask is able to fool Face ID in unlocking without the user being present. However, the demo shows the iPhone unlocking in the first try itself, although it is not clear how many unsuccessful attempts Bkav had before producing a mask that actually worked. The security firm created a mask with a 3D-printed frame, which was then filled in with hand-crafted "skin" and other 3D-printed parts. In a poll we ran ahead of the iPhone X unveil, some 45 percent of respondents stated that facial recognition wouldn't be enough to replace Touch ID. Well, that depends on who you are. However, this should concern high-value individuals like politicians and businessmen. For any further need, you can take notes.More news: HPV-vaccinated women only need three smear tests, study suggests
- China's Xi calls on South Korea to resume dialogue with North
- Prime Minister Modi to meet India U17 World Cup team on Friday
- How to Watch Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech
- Iran nuclear deal 'not negotiable', Tehran tells France
- Taylor Swift Responds to Keith Urban's 'Reputation' Review
- Colts QB Andrew Luck is in Europe for treatment on injured shoulder
- Kerala RSS activist hacked to death in Thrissur's Guruvayoor
- Gal Gadot to receive prestigious Rising Star Award
- Mizzou runs all over Tennessee on senior night, wins fourth straight
- Victor Moses nominated for BBC African Footballer of the Year award