iDropNews has shared some renders of what an iPad Pro with Face ID may look like.
To do this, Apple will remove the Home button with the Touch ID, and will implement the new Face ID sensor on the iPhone X. However, reports such as this, along with the recent allegations that even the face of a sibling of a different age can beat Face ID, may start making iPhone X owners and potential customers anxious.More news: Venus, Jupiter conjunction tomorrow: Set your alarms for 45 minutes before sunrise
Survey says around 60% of buyers want the iPhone X $1149 model!
"The mask is crafted by combining 3D printing with makeup and 2D images, besides some special processing on the cheeks and around the face, where there are large skin areas, to fool AI of Face ID", said Bkav vice president Ngo Tuan Anh.More news: Alabama Stands by Judge Moore
Not really. The security firm also acknowledges that "normal people" shouldn't be anxious about their iPhone X Face ID being compromised by such masks, as the effort it takes to make such masks is simply too much.
It now appears all that work has been in vain, as Vietnamese security company Bkav has demonstrated that a simple (or somewhat complex) mask is able to fool Face ID in unlocking without the user being present. However, the demo shows the iPhone unlocking in the first try itself, although it is not clear how many unsuccessful attempts Bkav had before producing a mask that actually worked. The security firm created a mask with a 3D-printed frame, which was then filled in with hand-crafted "skin" and other 3D-printed parts. In a poll we ran ahead of the iPhone X unveil, some 45 percent of respondents stated that facial recognition wouldn't be enough to replace Touch ID. Well, that depends on who you are. However, this should concern high-value individuals like politicians and businessmen. For any further need, you can take notes.More news: China's Xi calls on South Korea to resume dialogue with North
- DR Horton beats profit estimate, raises 2018 forecast
- Kerala RSS activist hacked to death in Thrissur's Guruvayoor
- Taylor Swift Responds to Keith Urban's 'Reputation' Review
- HPV-vaccinated women only need three smear tests, study suggests
- Prime Minister Modi to meet India U17 World Cup team on Friday
- Colts QB Andrew Luck is in Europe for treatment on injured shoulder
- San Diego Stairwell Collapse Injures 21 Children In Barrio Logan Gym
- Nottinghamshire's Ball will be fit for Ashes opener
- Better Things star Pamela Adlon is 'devastated' about Louis CK's behavior
- Baby Number 3: Kim Kardashian throws a very floral baby shower