With Nepal skipper Dipendra Singh Airee doing the star turn, picking four wickets after scoring 88 in 101 balls, India was never in the game.
Nepal stunned defending champions India on the third day of the Under-19 Asia Cup in Kuala Lumpur.
India are placed in Group A of the Asia cup where they have beaten Malaysia by 202 runs on November 10.
With today's victory, defeating test playing nation India in any category, Nepal kept its hope alive of advancing into the semi-final of the tournament.More news: New Renders Envision 2018 iPad Pro with Face ID
The 17-year-old Nepalese skipper ploughed a lone furrow with the bat in making a stroke-filled 88 which was the cornerstone of his team's modest 185 for 8 in 50 overs on being put in to bat by Himanshu Rana.
Nepal had lost to Bangladesh in the first match played yesterday.
Dipendra meanwhile got into the act with the ball too. Opening batsman Jitendra Singh contributed 36 runs followed by Bhim Sarki who scored 15 runs.
However, Thakuri perished for 36 runs after trying to up-the-ante caught and bowled by Abhiskhek Sharma in the 28th over. Kamal Singh got the first wicket of the innings and then the India U-19 started to tumble. Had they played out their 50 overs, they should have ideally won. Nobody, apart from the captain Himanshu Rana who scored 46 and vice-captain Abhishek Sharma who added 27 to the total, showed the willingness to guts it out against a much disciplined Nepal bowling line-up. Captain Dipendra Singh Airee's excellent batting had put the opponents under control.More news: Prime Minister Modi to meet India U17 World Cup team on Friday
After Dipendra's breakthroughs, Pawan Sarraf (2 for 24) and Shalab Alam (2 for 11) also chipped in with a couple of wickets to send dismantle India's middle-order. They lost their first match of the tournament against Bangladesh by 2 runs.
Nepal now faces host Malaysia in its final group match to be held on Tuesday.
Nepali team along with officials pose for a photo after defeating India in ACC U19 Asia Cup in Malaysia, on Sunday, November 12, 2017.More news: Kim Kardashian's Shower for Baby #3 Was Enchanting & Extravagant
- Apex court refuses plea to ban release of 'Padmavati'
- HPV-vaccinated women only need three smear tests, study suggests
- Moyes has West Ham jump into battle for Liverpool striker Ings
- Victor Moses nominated for BBC African Footballer of the Year award
- Cross Country Breaks More Records at NCAA Regionals
- China's Xi calls on South Korea to resume dialogue with North
- Mizzou runs all over Tennessee on senior night, wins fourth straight
- Venus, Jupiter conjunction tomorrow: Set your alarms for 45 minutes before sunrise
- Kerala RSS activist hacked to death in Thrissur's Guruvayoor
- Respawn Entertainment Acquired for $455 Million