Hopefully, with these launch day issues behind it, fans can go back to enjoying the latest Call of Duty.
As we reported last Friday, at launch Call of Duty: WWII had some connectivity issues, with players having trouble accessing the servers, and now developer Sledgehammer Games has released a statement explaining what some of the issues were and that they're aware of the problems players are experiencing. In general, people experienced "mixed online connectivity", Sledgehammer said. The issue was isolated and the fix was deployed Sunday morning.
As a result, Sledgehammer made back-end changes, one of which was the enabling of "higher capacity load balancers", which the studio said improved the connectivity issues. This displaces Assassin's Creed Origins at the top of the United Kingdom top ten, with Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 at number three.More news: Prices to be revealed shortly; specs, bookings, features and more
Even better news for Activision is that sales are up by almost 60% on last year's entry.
GfK Chart-Track, a United Kingdom statistics group tracking physical sales, have announced that week one sales of WWII are 57% higher in units and 21% higher in revenue than the equivalent a year ago.
Call of Duty: WWII launch sales were up by 57 percent compared to Infinite Warfare, according to United Kingdom sales tracker, Chart-Track. However, digital downloads in this case would likely provide another boost to the already impressive sales numbers. Perhaps the bigger change, however, is that Sledgehammer changed the Headquarters social space to make it solo.More news: Tyrese Gibson's Abuse Investigation Dropped By Ex-Wife Norma Mitchell Gibson
Described as a short-term solution, the Call of Duty WW2 developer has apologised to fans and will reactivate them soon.
"The game is stable and network performance is strong across all platforms". In the meantime, you can manually invite friends to join you in the headquarters. "Also, rest assured, your leaderboard stats are being recorded and stored, and leaderboard data will be reflected soon".More news: Jeremy Corbyn defends suspended MP Kelvin Hopkins' promotion
- Nokia 5 with 3GB RAM launched in India for INR 13499
- Samsung mocks Apple to grow up and upgrade to Galaxy
- Bigg Boss season 11: Sabyasachi disclosed his personal shocking secret!
- Israel says it's holding bodies of Gaza terrorists killed in tunnel blast
- Kylie Jenner addresses reported pregnancy rumours for the first time
- Felipe Massa to retire from Formula One at end of season
- Everton rallies for 3-2 win over Watford in English Premier League
- Chennai rains throw life out of gear, six dead so far
- Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull Announces Plan To Address Dual Citizenship In Parliament
- Carmelo Anthony ejected from Sunday's game in third quarter