The California based electric vehicle specialist now sent mail to reservations holders saying "estimated delivery timing will now be slightly later than we originally expected", reports Electrek. He originally had a delivery window from October to December 2018, reports Businessinsider.More news: Diehard Bargain Hunter: NetApp, Inc. (NTAP), Devon Energy Corporation (DVN)
A Model 3 reservation holder named Chad Hurin said he is now expecting his base Model 3 to arrive sometime between November and January 2018. That was considered a disappointment for Model 3 deliveries, and its stock sold off by 1 percent. Tesla has struggled to mass produce the highly-anticipated vehicle, citing issues with two production lines at its Gigafactory in Sparks, Nevada.
But Musk emphasized that through "physics-first principles", Tesla would shape a new mode of industrial production to improve efficiency by "factors of 10 or even 100 times". The hubbub began when an investor, Facebook millionaire turned venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya, commented that "There is not a single person of right, sound mind and body, if you could build a Tesla Model 3 online and get it delivered in 30, 60, 90 days, or you have the choice of buying the BMW 3 Series will choose the BMW".More news: Sindhu fumes at 'rude' airline staff
Tommy Gaessler, a first-day reservation holder, said his timeline was also pushed back by one month.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk said in July that he anticipated the company would enter "production hell" for the Model 3. Now that Tesla is "close to exiting level eight" he said he can see "sort of a clear path to sunshine" and feels "pretty optimistic".More news: Newcastle vs. Bournemouth: Match Day Thread
Tesla plans to open a factory in China that will start producing cars in 2020.
- Dazzling Bayern charge past Dortmund 3-1 to go four points clear
- 4 dead, several injured as boiler explodes at NTPC plant in UP
- Sector Active Movers: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE:VRX)
- Republican Sen. Bob Corker blasts Trump for pressuring DOJ
- Saad Hariri, PM of Lebanon, resigns unexpectedly over fear of assassination
- 'Undamaged' Conor McGregor ready to get back in the Octagon
- Costello will start at quarterback for Stanford
- Did Tamar Braxton's Mom Just Accuse Vincent Herbert of Abuse?
- Iran marks 1979 US Embassy takeover with 'Down With America' signs
- Mallinckrodt to acquire Ocera Therapeutics