He also alleged that certain ministers from Andhra Pradesh were getting closer to Rao, hurting the TDP's chances of a revival in Telangana.
Earlier this week, the TDP relieved Revanth Reddy of his duties as the Telangana working president and party floor leader in the state's Legislative Assembly, for his "anti-party" activities.More news: Research Ratings: Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG), Public Storage
After keeping political critics guessing TDP MLA and rubble rouser A Revanth Reddy today submitted his resignation letter from MLA post and party primary membership to TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu at Amaravati. After calling on Naidu, the Kodangal MLA is likely to announce his departure from the yellow party as he has firmed up his decision to join the Congress. On the other hand, Mr. Naidu said that he didn't receive resignation letter from Mr. Revanth Reddy.
After meeting Naidu at Vijayawada on Saturday, Reddy sought some time with him to talk independently, but that did not happen. Revanth in the letter stated that he has high respect for the party supremo who helped him grow but felt dejected over the actions of some of the party members.More news: FIFA, in final ruling on Palestinian request, says it won't sanction Israel
Naidu advised all TDP leaders to refrain from making statements until a final decision was taken.
Chandrababu was later closeted in a meeting with other leaders from Telangana.More news: India aim to ride momentum in series decider
Several TDP leaders including state president L Ramna and M Narasimhulu were demanding that Revanth be expelled from the party for his open moves to cross over to Congress. He reportedly asked Revanth to wait until the meeting with media is over, so that they can speak about the incidents in recent past.
- Washington state governor writes letter of opposition to park hike proposal
- Two men claim Stokes was protecting them
- Bigg Boss 11: Gauahar Khan gives the special briefcase to this contestant?
- 'Stranger Things' Actor Caught with Cocaine at LAX Airport
- Sandvold Sells 3500 Shares of Schlumberger NV (SLB) Stock
- Spain boots out Catalan police chief in continuing push to take control
- Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) Lifted to "Hold" at Zacks Investment Research
- Congress urges EC to probe poaching claim by Gujarat Patidar leader
- Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ:TSCO) Position Decreased by Tandem Investment Advisors Inc
- Barack Obama called up for jury duty in Chicago