Police said Jeremy Van Ert, 38, told officers he was shopping at the Kwik Trip store Tuesday night in Marshfield and ended up trapped in the store's cooler when employees locked it for the night at 11:50 p.m.
A Wisconsin man locked inside a convenience store cooler overnight drank a beer and malt beverages. "A customer by the beer cooler at about 6 a.m. and saw him inside". The man left the store around 5:50 a.m. Wednesday without paying for any of the beer he consumed.More news: Know what Rahul Gandhi has to say on his marriage
According to police, the 38-year-old Marshfield man said he went into the store to buy beer and got locked inside the cooler just before midnight Tuesday.
Van Ert was later arrested and charged with retail theft and is being held in the Wood County Jail on a probation hold from a different case that required him to stay sober. "I've heard of people being locked inside of buildings, never inside of a beer cooler", Gramza said, WAOW reported. Rather than bang on the glass door to be let out, he warmed up to the idea of staying inside - where temperatures hover around 32 degrees - all night to sample the merchandise.More news: Israel says judo medals 'poke in eye' of Abu Dhabi
However, police said since the gas station is open 24 hours, Van Ert would have just needed to knock to be let out.
Kwik Trip officials told police they will review their security. He also fell over a stack of 30 pack Busch Light Cans.More news: Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1 by Cardi B on Apple Music
- Driver ploughs through pro-immigrant rally in S. California
- Migos, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B release new track 'MotorSport'
- Tyrese Checks Into Hospital With Chest Pains After Day In Court
- Reviewing the Insider Trends for McDonald's Corporation (MCD)
- Trump says Russian Federation hurting USA efforts on North Korea nuclear issue
- Injustice 2 summons Hellboy on November 14
- Bills Give Anquan Boldin Permission to Explore Trade
- Jeff Bezos' fortune surges by $6.6bn following Amazon earnings
- I did not receive any SUV from the IG - Aisha Buhari
- Blue Whale game is a national problem, observes Supreme Court