This was the most convincing Premier League display Spurs have put in since their move to Wembley, the north Londoner's temporary home while White Hart Lane is redeveloped. He is doing well but not available. I don't know. I can not say.
Tottenham's manager Pochettino will surely look at this game as a way to rest his stars and play some of his fringe players such as Cissokho, Llorente and Vorm.
"We need to be careful with him and all the players, like Dembele and Danny Rose".More news: Sam Darnold, USC get blown out by Notre Dame
'Those that we don't think are a risk are available.
'We are resting players that need the rest as we don't want to take a risk - and we are resting players as they need to rest. We want to be fresh and compete tomorrow as we want to get to the next round of the competition.
The absence of those Tottenham luminaries is going to give significant opportunities to players on the fringes of Pochettino's squad. That is so, so important because we have a busy schedule ahead and before the next global break, its impossible to stop.More news: Jerry Jones: Anthem protests hurting the league
"They are not machines, I repeat".
"We play Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday again, and then ahead again it's Real Madrid on Wednesday and Palace on Sunday".
"We need to wait until tomorrow [to decide on Danny] but in my head maybe there is the possibility for him to start the game tomorrow". Then we have two weeks [off] but the players can not rest because they are travelling, playing with the national team. "Now they're doing well and we'll provide the opportunity to play when the moment is right". After a long period out, the psychological aspect is so important.More news: Jones, Couture help Sharks defeat Rangers
Dan is ESPN FC's Tottenham correspondent.
- Gary Neville 'stunned' by Manchester United's humbling at Huddersfield
- FAA Investigates Another Air Canada Close Call At SFO
- Analysts See $1.81 EPS for Arrow Electronics, Inc. (ARW)
- Austrian leader invites far-right to help form new government
- Nicaragua joins Paris climate pact, leaving US, Syria isolated
- Japan October manufacturing PMI (flash): 52.5 (prior 52.9)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NOC) Holdings Decreased by Robeco Institutional Asset Management Bv
- Hitman: Game of the Year Edition Announced, Arriving Next Month
- Carbo Ceramics, Inc. (NYSE:CRR) EPS Analysis
- Government raises its guard at India-China border