As reported by ANI, the incident took place in the Nalanda district of Bihar where the man had gone to the village chief's house and entered without knocking.
According to News Nation, it is also alleged that the man was beaten up by the women in the house who even threw slippers at him.
"He perhaps went to the house of sarpanch on Wednesday evening for tobacco when no male member was present", Nalanda DM SM Thyiagrajan told a leading Indian English daily.More news: Bulls suspend Portis 8 games for injuring Mirotic
However, according to another report in India Today, he had gone to his house to avail a government scheme.
While Thakur hails from the Nai community and runs a barber shop in the village, while Surendra comes from an influential community.
Thakur went to Surendra's house when there was no male member present at the residence, following which he reportedly entered the house. Surendra said when Thakur entered his house, there were only women at the house - something he wanted the panchayat to take stern view of.More news: Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant ejected in Warriors loss to Grizzlies
The administration has ordered a police investigation with a report out in two days.
Nalanda District Magistrate Thiyagarajan said, "On the act of Thakur, a panchayat was called today (Thursday) afternoon by Dharmendra Yadav where the victim was beaten with slippers by several women".
The Bihar Police arrested three people in connection with the Nalanda incident, where a man was made to spit and lick as punishment by the Sarpanch.More news: No. 1 Alabama matches series record with 11th straight win over Tennessee
Reacting to the incident, Bihar cabinet minister Nand Kishore condemned it and promised the culprits will be brought to the hook. "Such incidents will not be tolerated, we will take strict action against the culprits", he said.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic tipped to make Man Utd comeback before Christmas
- Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson & Johnson
- McKesson Corporation (MCK) Upgraded to Outperform at Cowen and Company
- No. 18 Michigan State rallies past Indiana
- Watch UCLA running back score TD after landing on OR defender's shoulders
- Nationals Reportedly Hope To Speak With Alex Cora
- EPS for Andeavor (ANDV) Expected At $2.41
- Conor McGregor scolded by referee at UFC Fight Night event
- Does Celtics' Kyrie Irving regret shouting obscenity at fan? 'Hell no'
- The Windstream Holdings Inc (WIN) Bond Prices Fall 3.4%