Nokia, which used to be the No. 1 handset brand globally a decade ago, sold its smartphone business to Microsoft, which then sold the brand to HMD Global previous year. The Nokia 7 comes with a different design language than the recently launched Nokia 8, the back has "3D Curvature glass" and the chassis is made out of 7000 series aluminium with bevelled edges. The 7 as the numbering also suggests could be the in-between phone, with Nokia 6 selling for Rs. 14,999.
Before the Nokia 7, there was the 8: HMD false a little timeline of technology, but this can be explained by the fact that, technically, the new Nokia, 7 is a notch below its predecessor. Additionally, the Nokia 7 is IP54 certified which makes it resistant to dust and occasional splashes of water. On the specification front, the smartphone is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 630 processor with 4GB/6GB RAM along with 64GB of internal storage.
The smartphone features a 5.2-inch full HD IPS LCD panel on the front covered with Gorilla Glass 3. Besides the fingerprint sensor on the back, there is a 16-megapixel camera which can be used in tandem with the 5-megapixel camera on the front for a "Bothie".More news: South Korea survey backs restarting construction of two nuclear reactors
For folks who fancied the bothie feature on the Nokia 8 but didn't want to pony up for the Nokia 8, the Nokia 7 might be an option.
The Nokia 7 has a USB Type-C and hasn't lost its 3.5mm headphone jack. On the front, you get a 5 MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture with 1.4 micron pixel size. The phone also uses OZO audio technology to capture 360-degree sound.
Nokia 7 is powered by a 3000mAh battery which supports fast charging through the adapter provided.More news: The Royal Dutch Shell Plc's (RDSB) "Buy" Rating Reiterate at Societe Generale
The Nokia 7 fishing on the other hand by its price: 2.499 yuan in China, which is 320 euros.
While the Nokia 8 is £499, the Nokia 7 will be priced at just below £300, judging by the Chinese cost. HMD Global or Nokia has not yet confirmed as to when the smartphone will be reaching India.More news: Aaron Rodgers undergoes surgery to fix broken collarbone
- North Korea sends 'unprecedented' letter to Australian parliament warning against supporting Trump
- Rojo close to Man Utd return confirms Mourinho
- Liberum Capital Reiterates Buy Rating for Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (RB)
- CIA Director: N. Korea Months Away From Perfecting Nuke Capabilities
- Algeria appoints Rabah Madjer as new coach
- Lupita Nyong'o Details Harvey Weinstein's Sexual Advances, Twitter Salutes Her Bravery
- Halcon Resources Corporation (HK)
- Spanish Government moves to suspend Cataluña's autonomy
- Northern Dynasty Minerals, Ltd. (NAK) Broker Price Targets For The Coming Week
- Iran's Guards say missile program will accelerate despite pressure