"Let them make mistakes and have fun", advised Miller.
Andrew Wiggins also signed a five-year max contract extension last week to lengthen his stay in the Twin Cities.
This is a season opener for the Spurs, who are now 0-0. Green had two 3-pointers in the fourth quarter, both off assists from new teammate Rudy Gay. Ginobili received a huge ovation similar to the one he got in the team's final game last season when fans were not sure if he would return.More news: Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask diagnosed with concussion
Franchise legends David Robinson and Tim Duncan locked arms with the Spurs players and coaches on the court.
The Minnesota Timberwolves are going to be a pretty good basketball team this season. Once again though, they can't rely on one player. He spoke about being desperate to play and Popovich caring about his situation.
According to oddsmakers at Bovada.lv, the Spurs are a 1.5-point favorite to win on the spread, while the over-under sits at 204. San Antonio runs a slow paced offense with a squadron of players that stretch the floor, from guards to bigs. Their defense effectively prevents the opponent from doing just that.More news: Brains May Continue to Function Even After Death, Study Finds
"Everybody has to make sacrifices to be a good team, myself included", surmised Teague, the ninth-year veteran point guard, as he challenged his new teammates.
Towns played 34 minutes, collecting a double-double with 18 points and 13 rebounds. Rudy Gay and Dejounte Murray are exciting players to watch this year, but they simply can not compare to the level of excitement that Paul George and Carmelo Anthony will bring to Oklahoma City. And with Chris Paul joining James Harden in Houston, along with the massive overhaul that took place in Minnesota, there are now several other Western Conference teams that will seriously compete for the 2 seed following what will most likely be Golden State at number 1. The results speak volumes about why the Spurs are so successful.
San Antonio needs Aldridge to feel at ease with the team missing Leonard and Tony Parker to injuries.More news: Portland General Electric Company (POR) Analysts See $0.38 EPS
The Wolves won't miss playing against Leonard, who averaged more than 30 points per game in the four meetings between the two teams and shot almost 59 percent from the field.
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Edison International (EIX), Amgen Inc. (AMGN)
- Mohd Amir Responds to Virat Kohli's Praise For Him
- Lalu's message to Yogi: 'Lord Ram will punish BJP'
- Solar scam: Kerala government seeks expert opinion about commission's findings
- The Royal Dutch Shell Plc's (RDSB) "Buy" Rating Reiterate at Societe Generale
- Tredegar (TG) At $19.35 Forms Bottom; Anadarko Petroleum (APC)'s Sentiment Is 0.82
- Fire Destroys Luxury Yangon Hotel in Myanmar
- Democrats Only Want To Increase Taxes, 'That's All They Are Good At!'
- Nokia 7 makes bothie photos more affordable
- Could pole dancing become an Olympic event?