The Chiefs are listed as a short road favorites for Thursday night's bash with the Raiders at the Coliseum in Oakland. Oakland might have been favored by a field goal if this game was played a few weeks earlier, and it's too early to give up on a team, just yet, that won 12 games a year ago.
It was never very likely that any team was going to go 16-0 this regular season, but that's officially an impossibility as the Kansas City Chiefs were the last team to lose. Tyreek Hill returned a punt 78 yards for a touchdown and had a 36-yard TD catch. Justin Houston and Kansas City's defensive front failed to put much pressure on Ben Roethlisberger in Sunday's loss to the Steelers, sacking him once.
The Oakland Raiders are just not right.More news: Salman Khan Unveils #TigerZindaHai, First Poster
The Raiders are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games against a team with a winning road record, 3-7 in their last 10 Thursday night games, 2-5 in their last 7 games vs. AFC, and 1-4 in their last 5 games vs. AFC West. Kansas City had outgained three of its first five opponents and outrushed four of its first five foes while averaging 33 points per game. The second meeting was a Thursday night and the Raiders are just 3-7 ATS in their past 10 playing on a Thursday. Early betting at Sports Interaction has Kansas with a lean of more than 80 percent on the spread so this could climb to 3.5.
Kansas City Chiefs defensive back Keith McGill II (39) almost intercepts a pass intended for Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper (89) during the first half of an NFL football game in Kansas City, Mo., Thursday, Dec. 8, 2016.More news: Proteas bat first in 2nd Bangladesh ODI
The total has gone under in the Chiefs' last three games against the Raiders. That one game aside however, Oakland isn't Pittsburgh and the Chiefs still remain undefeated against the AFC West division. Other teams face significant questions as well, including who should be quarterback for the 3-2 Broncos and a Raiders team asking why they've lost four straight games.
All the trends favor the Chiefs, but it's desperation time for Oakland.More news: Tom Petty Laid To Rest In Private Service In Pacific Palisades
- Sean O'Brien Reveals Details Of Phone Conversation With Warren Gatland
- EPS for Restaurant Brands International Inc (QSR) Expected At $0.62
- Four PSL matches to be played in Karachi in February
- United Kingdom retailer J Sainsbury looks to cut 2000 jobs
- Gujarat CM asks Rahul Gandhi to break silence over Vadra issue
- Short Term Outlook For Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV)
- BHP's copper production up sharply, iron ore down
- Netflix: Malaysians are Asia's top binge-watchers
- United Kingdom wages continue to lag inflation despite low unemployment
- Ammonia leak at BC arena kills three