Iran were next on board in June, with Japan securing their place from Asia in late August.
The greatest number of applications have come from the host nation, but nearly one-third comes from the rest of the world. Saudi Arabia, South Korea were runners-up in Group B and A.
Given that only 23 countries have qualified for next year's finals so far, the figure would appear to show many fans have lost interest in the team following their underwhelming recent displays.More news: Dragon Age creative director Mike Laidlaw has left BioWare after 14 years
There are three spots left for the African sides, following Egypt and Nigeria clinching theirs.
At the time it likely seemed like a safe investment as the USA had qualified for every World Cup since 1990 and is considered to have a manageable path through CONCACAF. December 1. The pots are provisional as there are six teams yet to be decided by playoffs, and three African finalists to be confirmed. Nearly 3.5 million ticket requests were submitted for matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation as national football teams booked all but nine spots in the upcoming world's flagship football championship, FIFA announced in its statement on Thursday.
A similarly close race concluded in Central/North America. The quarterfinal against Belgium drew 16.5 million viewers while the group stage contest against Ronaldo and Portugal attracted 18.2 million - more than the final between Germany and Argentina, which drew 17.8 million.More news: National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell's wife defends him with anonymous Twitter account
There are still final games to play in African qualifying, with three of the five groups still yet to produce a guaranteed victor. In Group C, it comes down to Morocco and the Ivory Coast. If Tunisia miss out on the finals, then DR Congo would most likely be pot 4. Slovakia got the short end of the stick by ranking last among the second-place teams in the qualifying groups.
Below is how the pots are looking for the draw, which takes place on Friday.
The two remaining spots will be determined in cross continent playoff. After a dramatic finish in South America, it'll be Peru (5th in the group stage) against the winners of the Oceania qualifiers, New Zealand.More news: Verdict On Ban On Women's Entry In Sabarimala Temple Today
"Last night's World Cup qualifying results do not change FOX Sports' passion for the world's biggest sporting event".
- NAB team likely to visit London to collect evidence against Sharif family
- Citigroup Inc (C) Stock Dips Despite Q3 Earnings Beat
- 'Avengers 4' Title Not a Spoiler According to Kevin Feige
- NNPC Scandal: I Only Approved 2 JV Financing Arrangements Not Contracts - Osinbajo
- BMW to outsource China mini auto making to Great Wall
- Rose McGowan Claims Harvey Weinstein Raped Her, According to New Tweets
- No boys for Girl Scouts in area
- China's Sept imports from N.Korea down 37.9% as United Nations sanctions bite
- Baird Reiterates "Hold" Rating for Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
- S.Africa court clears way for Zuma graft prosecution