One of McGowan's tweets was "flagged" for breaching the platform's terms of service, but the issue remains that Twitter responded immediately to such a flag while other, more inflammatory accounts, are often untouched.More news: Russian woman killed in risky holiday stunt
It emerged last week that McGowan reportedly sued the disgraced movie producer for allegedly abusing her in a hotel room at the Sundance Film Festival in 1997.
She made the accusation via Twitter, adding her name to a growing list of women who have accused Weinstein of wrongdoing in news stories published over the past week. "Twitter is a toilet and I don't want to be complicit anymore", Linehan tweeted.
As for which "Twitter rules" McGowan broke? "You lie", she tweeted to Affleck.More news: EA rebuffs 'pay to win' loot criticism of 'SW Battlefront 2'
She has continued to use Twitter to comment on developments in the controversy and attack those in Hollywood who have remained silent about the Weinstein fall out. Over & over I said. "BE MY VOICE", she urged fans in an Instagram post. "We will be clearer about these policies and decisions in the future", the company said. "TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME", she wrote.
Meanwhile, Cate Blanchett recently offered her "wholehearted support" to the women who have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct.
Weinstein, who was sacked Sunday from The Weinstein Company production house over allegations of sexual harassment and assault dating back decades, has denied sexually assaulting anyone. On Thursday night, she told The Hollywood Reporter about her incident with Price. "When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing". I expect to start seeing smear stories on her anytime now.More news: Digging Up the Facts on Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
Uploading a screenshot with a message from Twitter stating she can not send tweets or retweets from her account, unless she deletes "tweets that violate our rules", McGowan captioned the image: "TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME".
- Samsung expects record profit in third quarter
- FIFA, U-17: Iran defeat Germany to reach Round of 16
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Receiving Favorable Press Coverage, Report Finds
- Oil prices sink after International Energy Agency's outlook
- Target Hiring 8000 Seasonal Employees in Los Angeles Area
- Richardson Police Looking For Video Of Vehicle In Missing Child Case
- Jason Momoa's Tasteless 'Game Of Thrones' Rape Joke Resurfaces Amid Weinstein Scandal
- Falling Toronto market drags down home price index
- Trend Indicator Watch on This Stock: Star Gas Partners LP (SGU)
- Apple is Still Struggling With iPhone X Production