A native of Jackson, Miss.
Players may have a decision to make in the near future regarding the act of kneeling during the anthem should the National Football League require all to stand during the anthem, and according to a report Tennessee Titans wide receiver Rishard Matthews has a good idea of what he'd do if a rule was put in place.More news: Verdict On Ban On Women's Entry In Sabarimala Temple Today
After sending the reply, Matthews later deleted the tweet. This was the first Sunday after Trump made his comments.
The wide receiver was originally responding to reports of the NFL making it mandatory to stand for the national anthem. Owners are expected to discuss the issue next week.More news: Baird Reiterates "Hold" Rating for Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
Earlier this month, the Seattle Seahawks and Titans stayed off the field during the anthem. The receiver explained he didn't want his protest seen as a "publicity stunt". This is a movement that started as a protest against the prejudice and oppression many minorities in America face - especially as it relates to police brutality. "I fully stand with my brother Kap, and I plan to continue to do that".More news: Western Digital Announces Tech Breakthrough for Hard Drives
"I'm exhausted of hearing, 'Stick to sports.' It comes down to right and wrong in this world", Matthews told ESPN last month. Rather than directing anger to the fact that protests still are happening, think of why they're still happening. This is the kind of thing you would expect to find in totalitarian nations, but not in a free state.
- Citigroup Inc (C) Stock Dips Despite Q3 Earnings Beat
- Digging Up the Facts on Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- Croc attack feared after woman with dementia disappears from care home
- Unbeaten Devils end Maple Leafs' ideal start with 6-3 win
- Mother who ignored deal to vaccinate son loses primary custody
- Target Hiring 8000 Seasonal Employees in Los Angeles Area
- Samsung expects record profit in third quarter
- DOJ: SC restaurant owner enslaved mentally disbaled cook
- National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell's wife defends him with anonymous Twitter account
- UAE stops issuing visas to North Koreans, ends diplomatic missions