US President Donald Trump has formally nominated Kirstjen Nielsen to lead the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). "There will be no on-the-job training, she's ready from day one, " Trump said. Bush's homeland security council, and in the Transportation Security Administration, which is part of the department she would take over.
"I share the President's commitment to the security of the county and the safety of the American people", she said.More news: Bengals put Eifert on IR
Melania Trump proved she owns fall when she showed up to a ceremony at the White House Thursday in a gorgeous dress and coat combo. She is the premiere candidate for the homeland security post who had benefited in the department according to the statement. "I look forward to working closely with the Administration and Ranking Member McCaskill to expedite the consideration of Ms. Nielsen's nomination and help make America safer and more secure". Her supporters say she has been trying to help professionalize the White House.
As for this pick itself, Nielsen does appear on paper to be qualified for the position and it's about time that the role of DHS Secretary, which has been filled by a deputy since Kelly left in July, finally gets filled with a Presidential appointee. That might have contributed to Trump thinking about her highly.More news: Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon trailer unleashes new Z-Moves
While at the Bush White House she was in charge of emergency preparedness, and came in for criticism in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Trump urged the Senate to "put politics aside" and swiftly confirm Nielsen "in light of the serious threats facing our country and the natural disaster recovery efforts".More news: Acelrx Pharmaceutica (ACRX) — Trending Stock Buzzer
Neilsen is an expert in homeland and national security policy. He then sung Nielsen's past work in his administration, and spoke of how thrilled he was to have her in this new position.
- Abbott's Analyst Recommendations ahead of Its 3Q17 Results
- Pakistan in line to become Ireland's first ever Test opponents in 2018
- Report Says Pro Sports Teams No Longer Staying At Trump Hotels
- Chile's Arturo Vidal reverses retirement decision
- Robbie Lawler set to take on Rafael dos Anjos Dec. 16
- New Samsung image sensors could eliminate smartphone camera bumps
- Pokémon GO AR Photo Contest Launches Today
- 'She's Gotta Have It' Show Releases Full Trailer, Announces Premiere Date
- Surging Yankees will give favored Astros tough battle
- RSS clarifies: No plan to admit women into shakhas