After all, if a consumer without an Xbox One decides to finally buy one this holiday season, the Xbox One S is a much better deal.
Spencer also seemed to hint at some kind of interesting feature on the Xbox One X that might make enjoying your original Xbox games different on the most powerful console in the world. As Phil Spencer said in the interview, there are plenty of games that will be compatible that haven't even been announced yet.More news: Who is involved, which teams are seeded and when are the matches?
"Xbox One S will be the market leader for us".
Microsoft has predicted that its own console, the Xbox One X, won't be a massive sales hit, suggesting that the Xbox One S will continue to be the company's market leader as a result of its affordability. "It plays all the same games", Spencer told GameSpot at the Brazil Game Show this week. But for gamers who are looking for the "very best experience" they can find on a home console, the Xbox One X is the console for them.More news: Rohingya deportation hearing on Nov 21, won't accept emotional argument: SC
The Xbox executive's full comments are as follows: "Whether you're on a 1080p TV or a 4K TV, you're going to have a great experience". "But it's not for everybody. That's a reason they go buy my console", he said.
"I know the games that are coming for the original Xbox but I don't think we've announced them all". So we're putting Minecraft out there as one of the biggest games on any platform and allowing people to play together regardless of what device they bought. Whether we've pushed the innovation too far?More news: NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA) Quarterly EPS Analysis
When asked if it was a lost cause, he replied, "I have a real struggle making comments about their motivation or timelines". However, while many have expressed that this lack of new software means that the Xbox brand has a lot riding on the Xbox One X's success, Microsoft acknowledges that they are appealing to a niche audience with the system. It's certainly not a technical issue as Fortnite accidentally allowed cross-play between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users recently before turning the ability off. Rocket League developer Psyonix is merely waiting on the go-ahead from both companies to enable cross-play.
- Delhi Supreme Court' gets Juhi Chawla a lesson on Twitter
- When Jane Fonda compares the business Weinstein and DSK - Gala
- Canada Quality Mix Ishares ETF (QCAN): Following the Numbers
- New Orleans cop dies in line of duty, mayor says
- DJI takes Super 35 airborne with Zenmuse X7 drone camera
- Huawei Honor 6C Pro smartphone with Android 7.0 Nougat launched in Europe
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Hits Nigeria
- Dragon Age creative director Mike Laidlaw has left BioWare after 14 years
- Turkey army says installing 'observation posts' in Syria
- Microsoft Edge Preview for Android Hits Google Play