But after being released from a week behind bars, the MI mother was outraged to find her nine-year-old's immunisations were done while she was in prison. "It's been a rough few days to say the least".
Rebecca Bredow was released from jail on Wednesday after serving six days for failing to get her son vaccinated and was outraged her son received the jabs while she was behind bars. She said she will do that. "If not, you will appear here Wednesday and if you have not, I'll send you to jail".
Rebecca Bredow was last week sentenced for contempt of court almost a year after an Oakland County judge ordered her to have her nine-year-old son vaccinated.
Rebecca Bredow, 40, objects to vaccinations on religious grounds - which is allowed by most USA states - but last year signed a legal agreement with her ex-husband to get their nine-year-old son up to date with his immunisations, reports CBS.More news: Oil prices sink after International Energy Agency's outlook
Judge Karen McDonald interrupted her plea in court saying that Bredow wasn't telling the entire truth.
"I understand you love your children".
Bredow said it was "against her beliefs" to vaccinate her children.
The judge went on to list a series of things Bredow did without the dad's consent, saying "it's clear to me that you don't care about orders".More news: Unbeaten Devils end Maple Leafs' ideal start with 6-3 win
The recommendation will go into effect starting this weekend, but she has 21 days to appeal the Friend of the Court's decision. While Bredow was in jail, Horne took his son to the doctor to get vaccinated.
Bredow was found in contempt of court after she agreed to get the boy his shots in October 2016 but never followed through.
"I feel angry. I feel backed into a corner".
"I stand here today scared and vulnerable, begging the court to understand that I'm not a lazy parent", she added.More news: House Is Expected to Pass Disaster Relief, Puerto Rico Credit Bill
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Receiving Favorable Press Coverage, Report Finds
- Digging Up the Facts on Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- Richardson Police Looking For Video Of Vehicle In Missing Child Case
- Croc attack feared after woman with dementia disappears from care home
- Target Hiring 8000 Seasonal Employees in Los Angeles Area
- Delhi Metro services on Violet line hit by technical snag
- Jordan predicts 'garbage' National Basketball Association teams
- Samsung expects record profit in third quarter
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas Purchases 21705 Shares of Starbucks Corporation (SBUX)
- Robert Pattinson splits from FKA Twigs after three years together