Tuesday night's loss to Trinidad and Tobago marked one of the darkest days in U.S. soccer history. That result, coupled with wins by Panama and Honduras, eliminated the Americans from contention for a spot in the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation.
To put that into context, the Trinidadians headed into the match with one win and eight losses from nine matches in the fifth round of CONCACAF qualifiers.More news: Amazon Re-Kindles The Oasis With Upgraded Model
Brett Chats With WBAL morning show host Bryan Nehman about U.S.A. Soccer not qualifying for the World Cup.
If the USA had made next year's finals, Fox would've gotten the chance to broadcast three group-stage games for the USA side, with the possibility of more if the Americans were able to make a run into the knockout round.More news: First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
The U.S. loss "is a blow to Fox Sports' soccer ambitions", Steven Cahall, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, said Wednesday in a note. It's on and I'm going to bring it up right now: The gloves should have been off years ago.
"As a whole, U.S. Soccer is not prepared", Twellman said on ESPN News.More news: 'Akira' Remake Casting: Taika Waititi Confirms He Would Cast Asian Leads
The U.S. men's soccer team was eliminated from World Cup qualification Tuesday, a shocking result that could leave sponsors and media partners in the lurch for millions of dollars. "With the amount of money that is in Major League Soccer and is in this sport, you can't get a draw, a tie, against Trinidad? What are we doing?" "Max, you don't deserve to go to the World Cup, plain and simple".
- Aarushi Talwar murder case
- Late-Night Hosts Mock Trump's "IQ Challenge" to Rex Tillerson
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD) Upgraded to "Sell" at Vetr Inc
- Princess Nokia Pours Hot Soup On Subway Racist
- Oculus Rift price cut to £399 for good
- Quarterly EPS Forecast Review: Dynagas LNG Partners LP (DLNG)
- EC to announce poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal
- Pakistan Election Commission issues non-bailable arrest warrant against Imran Khan
- The Evil Within 2 gets creepy launch trailer
- "It's a possibility" - Dani Alves speaks about Arsenal's Sanchez joining PSG