BEFORE the arrival of the new Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) tug at Richards Bay, the company held an internal tug naming competition, and, last week the victor received his prize.
A container ship blocks the harbour mouth in Durban, South Africa, October 10, 2017 in this still image obtained from a social media video. Five tugs successfully towed the 348.5m vessel to safety. Next to be secured was the tanker BOW TRIUMPH at Island View berth 4, followed by a second container vessel, SM NEW YORK, which was remoored and stabilised at the Durban Container Terminal. Sounding surveys indicate that there is some obstruction on the seabed that could pose a risk to navigation and the Port operators state that in the interest of ensuring safe navigation for vessels, operations have commenced in channels that are clear from obstruction. Engineering teams aided by aerial drones were conducting physical assessments of affected port buildings and infrastructure to assist in quantifying the damage.More news: Quarterly EPS Forecast Review: Dynagas LNG Partners LP (DLNG)
Port operations at Richards Bay also resumed on Wednesday. "We commend the marine workers involved who displayed skill and agility in managing the situation".
TNPA's marine service team and tugboats were called to action to help move the 6,880 teu MSC Ines, which had broken loose from its moorings, become grounded on a sandbank and was blocking the channel.More news: Aarushi Talwar murder case verdict today: All you should know
TNPA expected operations to return to normal by midday on Thursday.More news: Jamie Carragher's Premier League XI from the season so far
- Apple, NBC Partner For Spielberg's 'Amazing Stories'
- Irish High Court finally approves Apple's Athenry data centre
- U.S. destroys relations with Moscow: Russia
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone
- United States deploys 'NUKE SNIFFER' plane as Trump's bombers fly over Korean peninsula
- Sergio Aguero coy on Manchester City return date
- 91-year-old man dies after Brooklyn home invasion
- India's industrial growth clocks nine-month high of 4.3% in August
- Former World Best Player, George Weah, Wins Liberia Presidential Election
- Category 1 Hurricane Ophelia grows stronger in Atlantic Ocean