BEFORE the arrival of the new Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) tug at Richards Bay, the company held an internal tug naming competition, and, last week the victor received his prize.
A container ship blocks the harbour mouth in Durban, South Africa, October 10, 2017 in this still image obtained from a social media video. Five tugs successfully towed the 348.5m vessel to safety. Next to be secured was the tanker BOW TRIUMPH at Island View berth 4, followed by a second container vessel, SM NEW YORK, which was remoored and stabilised at the Durban Container Terminal. Sounding surveys indicate that there is some obstruction on the seabed that could pose a risk to navigation and the Port operators state that in the interest of ensuring safe navigation for vessels, operations have commenced in channels that are clear from obstruction. Engineering teams aided by aerial drones were conducting physical assessments of affected port buildings and infrastructure to assist in quantifying the damage.More news: This actress to star opposite Hrithik, Tiger Shroff in Siddharth Anand's next
Port operations at Richards Bay also resumed on Wednesday. "We commend the marine workers involved who displayed skill and agility in managing the situation".
TNPA's marine service team and tugboats were called to action to help move the 6,880 teu MSC Ines, which had broken loose from its moorings, become grounded on a sandbank and was blocking the channel.More news: Quarterly EPS Forecast Review: Dynagas LNG Partners LP (DLNG)
TNPA expected operations to return to normal by midday on Thursday.More news: Apple Rumoured to be Developing Foldable OLED iPhone with LG
- Apple, NBC Partner For Spielberg's 'Amazing Stories'
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone
- U.S. destroys relations with Moscow: Russia
- Amazon Now Letting Teens Use Their Own Accounts With Parental Consent
- Germany: 'No evidence' Russian Federation used Kaspersky software to spy on US
- 'Akira' Remake Casting: Taika Waititi Confirms He Would Cast Asian Leads
- Sergio Aguero coy on Manchester City return date
- Irish High Court finally approves Apple's Athenry data centre
- Google Duo will soon be adding a screen sharing feature
- The Evil Within 2 gets creepy launch trailer