"Talks between the foreign minister and (U.S. Secretary of State) Tillerson were very constructive".
The scheduled meeting reportedly follows a phone conversation between USA secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
Referring to Topuz, he added: "The testimony of a USA local staff member, a Turkish citizen, was filed to both the police and the prosecution office in the presence of a lawyer".More news: Nanded Municipal Corporation Election Results 2017: Counting of votes underway
The U.S. Embassy in Ankara made the first move by releasing a statement saying that "recent events have forced the United States Government to reassess the commitment of the Turkish Government to the security of U.S. diplomatic facilities and personnel". Turkey retaliated by halting visas services in the United States.
During the call with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, Tillerson emphasized the "need for the Turkish government to present the evidence behind these accusations", said a statement by the State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert. He said that he couldn't comment on the charges or evidence against the two because Turkey hasn't provided the US with that information.
"I personally find it odd that high-level USA officials did not conduct any means of communication with our foreign minister".More news: Nick Kyrgios Fined $31085 for Incident at Shanghai Masters
He added that the arrest of an employee of the US Consulate General was carried out within the law.
State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told reporters Tuesday that the USA has seen no evidence that the consular employees were supporters of Gulen.
"Relations between Turkey and the USA are stable", he said.More news: McDonald's Szechuan sauce promotion event a blunder
He added that Turkey is committed to "safeguarding" United States government employees in Turkey. "It is concerning for an Ankara ambassador to take such a decision then claim he took it "in the name of my country", Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Tuesday. "For some reason his side of interactions are suddenly being classified as support for terrorism or membership in a terrorist organization, and I have yet to see a consistent description of which terrorist organization he is supposed to be a member of".
- Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
- Reliance Jio Diwali offer: Get full cashback on recharge of Rs 399
- Singleton truck crash: Driver of alleged stolen semi-trailer refused bail
- Gucci pledges to go fur free in 'huge game-changer'
- Nadal and Federer win in straight sets at Shanghai Masters
- First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- EPS for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Expected At $0.71
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards
- EC to announce poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal