The Harlem rapper proudly took credit for taking down a foul-mouthed subway bigot with a swift slap and bowl of soup.
Princess Nokia, the fresh face of hip hop and critical darling known for songs that celebrate a multicultural upbringing in New York City and honor the complexity of her communities, is now known for one more very important thing: heroically rebuking a racist man attempting to harass MTA passengers with a bevy of scathing words. Princess Nokia took to Twitter to talk about the incident, proudly stating that yes, she did throw hot soup in that guys face.
The moment Princess Nokia lobbed a bowl of soup at Lime-A-Rita racist Paul Lawson.More news: "It's a possibility" - Dani Alves speaks about Arsenal's Sanchez joining PSG
"Say it again. This man is a racist".
In the past, Princess Nokia has never been one to stand by the sidelines.
"When I slapped him he called me a nigger, and when I did all my brothers on the train came to my side and held my hand and comforted me", the NY native shared. It's insane to see shit like this popping off, and suffice it to say, the racist man will probably think twice before he starts popping off with racial slurs. "I'm going to put this on the news".More news: Shkodran Mustafi: Arsenal defender ruled out for up to six weeks
"This bigot called a group of teenage boys 'n--' on the train so I stood up and slapped him and everybody on the train backed me up", she said online. "[Lawson] kept saying that black people shouldn't live in Bed-Stuy.so the guy pushes him off the train and he tries to come back - the same way in the other video - and the guy punches him in the face twice and the doors shut on him".
In a slew of tweets, Princess Nokia, born Destiny Frasqueri, recounted the incident.
Lawson, who reportedly lied about attending NYU's prestigious Law School, refused to apologize for his hateful slurs in a string of since-deleted Facebook posts, according to Gothamist.More news: Singleton truck crash: Driver of alleged stolen semi-trailer refused bail
Frasqueri did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Nadal and Federer win in straight sets at Shanghai Masters
- Melania Trump takes dim view of Ivana Trump's 'I'm first lady' comment
- Amazon Re-Kindles The Oasis With Upgraded Model
- Fatah, Hamas to discuss security in Gaza under unity deal
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards
- Elon Musk's SpaceX successfully launches satellite for EchoStar, SES
- No Colombia pact, insists Peru's Tapia
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) Rating Increased to Hold at Vetr Inc
- Oculus Rift price cut to £399 for good
- Nanded Municipal Corporation Election Results 2017: Counting of votes underway