By issuing an executive order on the matter instead of pursuing change through legislation, Mr Trump could open up the administration to legal challenges from Democratic state attorneys general.
"It's a huge disappointment, a huge letdown", Jason Pye of FreedomWorks told me.
"The most likely chance for Obamacare repeal right now is for tax reform to pass this winter, pass a new budget resolution in the spring, and then repeal Obamacare next summer", the aide said.
Supporters say this would increase competition and allow people to buy more affordable coverage across state lines.More news: Are Investors Shying Away from Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA)?
As The Hill reported on Tuesday, Trump's executive order is expected to allow small businesses or groups of individuals to come together to buy health insurance off of the Obamacare marketplace in what is known as an "association plan". Rand Paul, R-Ky., has been involved, too. Without insurance, they could be fined.
Nonetheless, Trump is framing his upcoming action this way: Congress is lame.
"With Congress the way it is, I made a decision to take it upon myself", the president told reporters this week, saying he'll sign something "which is going to go a long way to take care of the numerous people that have been so badly hurt on health care".
While offering few details about the plan, Mr Trump said people will be able to "get great competitive healthcare, and it will cost the United States nothing".More news: Pitt Greensburg students react to former classmate's murder charges
Though, it is challenging to fully make any determinations about the executive order, since it is still possible that Trump will make changes to its contents or not sign it at all - something which, according to Vox, he has done with other executive actions in the past.
Trump's example was absurd and demonstrates how out of touch with reality the man in the White House is.
"I think it's fantastic", McIntosh told me, saying the order will "stop the bleeding" from Obamacare until Congress can move to repeal the law.
"We're going to have to do something with Obamacare because it's failing".More news: Defiant Trump could derail free trade agreement talks
An executive order just doesn't satisfy conservatives' enduring hunger for total elimination of the ACA, a task that appears impossible with the slim 52-48 GOP Senate majority.
- California Wildfires Halt Production on Netflix's Drama '13 Reasons Why'
- Trading Patterns In Focus: Mazor Robotics Ltd. (MZOR), Synchrony Financial (SYF)
- Chico's FAS, Inc. (CHS) -General Review of Institutional Investors: Nutanix, Inc. (NTNX)
- Commissioners Court: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Hays County
- NASA eyes the Development of Tropical Storm Ophelia
- Taiwan monopoly regulator fines Qualcomm more than $770M
- Q2 2017 Sentiment Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD (NYSE:RCL)
- Trump meets military advisors to discuss North Korea options
- Andew Wiggins Signs Extension With Timberwolves, Reportedly For Five-Years, $148 Million
- GIC IPO subscribed 0.75 times