That said, another of that legendary crop of Man Utd youngsters could be set to venture into management for the first time as Paul Scholes has reportedly been interviewed for the Oldham job, where he would be taking over after John Sheridan left the club last month.
Oldham, who parted company with boss John Sheridan on September 25, declined to make an official comment on the matter, but Omnisport understands Scholes held talks on Wednesday.
Clarence Seedorf and Steven Pressley have also held talks with the League One club.More news: Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Celsion Corp. (CLSN)
At the start of this year, Scholes took youth training sessions at Oldham as part of work towards his UEFA A coaching licence.
"They are a really good family club who mean a great deal to a lot of people - myself included".
Paul Scholes hosted training session for the club's youth team previous year while working towards his UEFA coaching badges and has never hidden his love for the Latics.More news: BlackBerry Motion is an All-Touch Smartphone
Scholes has been working as a television pundit and co-owns non-league club Salford City with some of his former United team-mates.
Another former United midfielder, Richie Wellens, is now interim manager and has spoken of his desire to take on the role full time having won all three matches in charge.
The Latics are now 19th in the table but have won their last two league games, including their 2-1 victory at Portsmouth last time out.More news: (CZR) Shares now down at $12.65 Caesars Entertainment Organizes $2…
- Z Might Buy Harvey Weinstein's Shares in the Weinstein Company
- Pizza Hut's New 'Oven Hot Delivery System' is Space Age
- Smoke from wildfires prompts health caution
- PFAW Response to McConnell Comments on Changing Blue Slip Process
- Andew Wiggins Signs Extension With Timberwolves, Reportedly For Five-Years, $148 Million
- Several trapped as residential building collapses in Kisii
- Trading Patterns In Focus: Mazor Robotics Ltd. (MZOR), Synchrony Financial (SYF)
- Pitt Greensburg students react to former classmate's murder charges
- Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE:SRC) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Why US officials fear North Korea could launch missile today