Meanwhile, the PTI said it would challenge the decision in the high court.
At the last hearing, on September 27, the ECP had adjourned the case until the Islamabad High Court (IHC) decides on the party's petition regarding the proceedings. Following the submission of the apology, the case should have been decided, he further said.
According to details, ECP has rejected Imran Khan's answer that was earlier submitted and issued orders to the authorities to present him before the commission on October 26 by arresting him.More news: Elon Musk's SpaceX successfully launches satellite for EchoStar, SES
It had then issued a formal show-cause notice to the PTI chairman, asking him to submit a reply by August 23.
It is apropos to highlight here that the IHC had suspended the bailable arrest warrants for Khan issued by the ECP in the case on Sept 20.
The ECP had ordered Imran to submit a surety bond of Rs100,000 until September 25 and nominate two persons who would ensure payment of the amount and be held responsible otherwise.
Talking to media men outside the Supreme Court on Wednesday, he said Imran Khan was running away from judicial proceedings and was not appearing before the courts.More news: Reliance Jio Diwali offer: Get full cashback on recharge of Rs 399
"A new warrant is issued in the same case where a (bailable) warrant was already suspended".
On Oct 11, the high court observed that it would hear the case only after the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) gives its decision.
Renewing his previous stance, Awan maintained that the regulatory body lacked subject matter jurisdiction to conduct contempt proceedings.
The five-member ECP, bench headed by Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Justice (retd) Sardar Raza Khan, was hearing a petition filed by the PTI dissident - Akbar S. Babar - when it issued "non-bailable warrants" for Khan.More news: Aarushi Talwar murder case
PTI leader added that ECP is targeting Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and Imran Khan.
- McDonald's Szechuan sauce promotion event a blunder
- Tillerson Calls Turkish Foreign Minister Over Recent Detentions
- Melania Trump takes dim view of Ivana Trump's 'I'm first lady' comment
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards
- Singleton truck crash: Driver of alleged stolen semi-trailer refused bail
- Nadal and Federer win in straight sets at Shanghai Masters
- Shkodran Mustafi: Arsenal defender ruled out for up to six weeks
- No Colombia pact, insists Peru's Tapia
- Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else
- New law to impose absolute price cap on poor value energy tariffs