After Rick and Morty fans were unable to get the sauce, #GiveUsTheSauce became a popular rallying cry on social media. And for its part, the fast food chain minimized the availability of Szechuan sauce on its website in favor of promoting the chicken tenders.
McDonald's announced last week that for one-day only, the fast food restaurant would carry the Szechuan sauce for customers at participating locations. The same situation was observed in other branches of McDonald's throughout the US.More news: Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF) Pressured Under Trend Lines
However, McDonald's failed to mention in any of their widespread promos that only 20 packets of the highly anticipated sauce would be available at the stores.
It's hard not to feel a little bad for Roiland, who created the Szechuan Sauce bit out of his personal obsession with the dipping sauce, and who was ecstatic when McDonald's sent him a jug of the elusive condiment.More news: Weatherford International Plc's (WFT) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Royal Bank of Canada
Dan Harmon, co-creator of "Rick and Morty" was also displeased at the gesture since McDonald's never officially tied the promotion to the series despite taking advantage of how it popularized the extinct sauce.
Like virtually everyone else, Rick & Morty co-creator Justin Roiland is not happy with the outcome of the McDonald's Szechuan Sauce promotion that was inspired by the Adult Swim show.More news: Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else
The outrage was acknowledged by McDonald's, and the fast-food giant has since promised to make amends.
- BJP Leader Yashwant Sinha Questions Party's Handling Of Jay Shah Incident
- Five Hollywood Studios On Board For Movies Anywhere Service
- EPS for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Expected At $0.71
- JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU)
- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN) Closed Over Its 50 Day Moving Average
- Chapel Hills Mall to be closed on Thanksgiving again this year
- Taylor Twellman Went On A Second Epic Rant On ESPN
- District Attorney Defends Decision Not to Prosecute Harvey Weinstein
- Body Cam Footage Shows Alex Morgan Arguing With Disney World Police
- Trump says Iran deal decision coming 'very shortly'