Lufthansa has agreed to take over a large part of Air Berlin, which went bankrupt a couple months back after years of mounting losses and the withdrawal of support from Abu Dhabi-based Etihad, its key shareholder and creditor.
Lufthansa would be interested if there was an opportunity to create a new Alitalia, the German flagship carrier's Chief Executive Carsten Spohr said on Thursday. "The deal with Lufthansa is done, there is agreement", an inside source told Reuters on Wednesday.
Mr. Spohr said that he expects that it will take up to one year for Lufthansa to fully integrate Air Berlin's aircraft and teams. So far, there has been no sign of an agreement between Air Berlin and Easyjet for remaining parts of the business, nor has Lufthansa announced how much it will pay under the deal.Читайте также: Aarushi Talwar murder case
Air Berlin has kept flying since August as a result of the German government providing it with a bridging loan of 150 million euros.
Media reported, citing a person familiar with the matter, that Lufthansa, Germany's largest airline, was set to buy Air Berlin's Austrian leisure travel airline Niki, its LG Walter regional airline, as well as some additional short-haul aircraft.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Elon Musk's SpaceX successfully launches satellite for EchoStar, SES
- Nadal and Federer win in straight sets at Shanghai Masters
- Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- "It's a possibility" - Dani Alves speaks about Arsenal's Sanchez joining PSG
- Nanded Municipal Corporation Election Results 2017: Counting of votes underway
- EC to announce poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal
- Reliance Jio Diwali offer: Get full cashback on recharge of Rs 399
- New law to impose absolute price cap on poor value energy tariffs
- Gucci pledges to go fur free in 'huge game-changer'
- Nokia 9 Renders Reveal Curved QHD Display, Narrow Bezels And Dual Cameras