The "Melo M13" would be the final model in the line.
"It's false. False. Let's not even discuss that", the Oklahoma City Thunder forward told reporters after Tuesday's 96-86 preseason win over the Denver Nuggets, according to the Norman Transcript's Fred Katz.More news: Smoke from wildfires prompts health caution
"It's false. False", Anthony said.
The deal Anthony refers to was agreed upon in January, and DePaula reports that Anthony will still have a prominent role with the brand despite losing his signature shoe.
Anthony signed with Jordan Brand as a 19-year-old rookie after leading Syracuse to a national championship and declaring for the NBA Draft in 2003.More news: Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) Position Increased by Mason Street Advisors LLC
"Melo is a long-time and respected member of the Jordan family".
Additionally, Jordan Brand released the following statement regarding their partnership with Melo, stating "no decision have been finalized about future models".
SBNation speculates that one reason Jordan could be moving away from Anthony is that its three biggest stars - Russell Westbrook, Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler - don't have signature deals of their own.More news: Delhi Congress demands probe into Jay's company
- AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) Receives News Impact Rating of 0.05
- Taking a Fresh Look at Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (HMNY)
- Previewing health order, Trump vows 'great, great' insurance
- Four Years Later, Seth MacFarlane Explains His Wisecrack About Harvey Weinstein
- Z Might Buy Harvey Weinstein's Shares in the Weinstein Company
- Virginia governor candidates face off in final debate
- GIC IPO subscribed 0.75 times
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Celsion Corp. (CLSN)
- Panama Awarded Phantom Goal To Break USA Hearts
- Researchers Wonder Why a Giant Hole Keeps Opening Up in Antarctica