The Italian fashion house, headed up by Alessandro Michele and known for its fur lined loafers, is being helped in its new fur free mission by the Humane Society of the U.S. (HSUS) and LAV, an organisation that believes in animal free fashion.
Luxury brand Gucci has announced it will no longer use fur in its products, a move campaigners predict will have a "huge ripple effect throughout the world of fashion".
Gucci's move follows a similar initiative by Italian rivals Armani, which previous year pledged to drop fur from its collections.More news: Shkodran Mustafi: Arsenal defender ruled out for up to six weeks
Mr Bizzarri said: "Being socially responsible is one of Gucci's core values, and we will continue to strive to do better for the environment and animals".
"In selecting a new creative director I wanted to find someone who shared a belief in the importance of the same values", Bizzarri said. So we commend Gucci's compassionate decision, and for helping to ensure that the future of fashion is fur-free'. "Together, by committing to a culture of objective, taking responsibility and encouraging respect, inclusivity, and empowerment, we want to create the necessary conditions for a progressive approach to sustainability", Bizzarri said in a statement.
At present, Gucci sells several fur-involved items, including a $30,000 mink coat and a $13,500 lamb fur coat.More news: EPS for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Expected At $0.71
The agreement is with Humane Society International and the Fur Free Alliance, so you know it's legit. Gucci's new fur free policy marks a game-changer for the whole luxury fashion industry to follow.
The UK became the first country to ban fur farming in 2000.More news: Carmakers hit in Japan steel scandal
Apparently young people may have had something to do with Bizzarri's decisions to have Gucci go fur-free, since he claims to have recently "asked around 150 young people across the world to tell me three things wrong with Gucci".
- "It's a possibility" - Dani Alves speaks about Arsenal's Sanchez joining PSG
- New law to impose absolute price cap on poor value energy tariffs
- Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else
- Singleton truck crash: Driver of alleged stolen semi-trailer refused bail
- Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Melania Trump takes dim view of Ivana Trump's 'I'm first lady' comment
- Amazon Re-Kindles The Oasis With Upgraded Model
- Reliance Jio Diwali offer: Get full cashback on recharge of Rs 399
- McDonald's Szechuan sauce promotion event a blunder
- Aarushi Talwar murder case