"You can now start a video call directly from where you call or text message your friends, through your Phone, Contacts, and Android Messages apps".
Google notes that if both you and your partner have ViLTE-capable (Video over LTE) handsets, the video call will be routed through the service rather than Duo.More news: EC to announce poll dates for Gujarat, Himachal
More news: Fatah, Hamas to discuss security in Gaza under unity deal
This means consumers can now make video calls directly from the phone, messages, and contacts. The new video call feature will be now visible to users running Android 7.0 Nougat and above - Google notes the integration is only applicable for those manufacturers that have made video calling available to users. Primarily, Google's video calling app Duo will be the main app that will make video call to anyone with the app installed.
The video call option will show in the Call History or Search if your phone app is version 13.0 and up.More news: Melania Trump takes dim view of Ivana Trump's 'I'm first lady' comment
The app is available to update in Google Play now for free if you haven't checked it out.
- Gucci pledges to go fur free in 'huge game-changer'
- Amazon Re-Kindles The Oasis With Upgraded Model
- Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
- Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Tillerson Calls Turkish Foreign Minister Over Recent Detentions
- First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- Nanded Municipal Corporation Election Results 2017: Counting of votes underway
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards
- Reliance Jio Diwali offer: Get full cashback on recharge of Rs 399
- Aarushi Talwar murder case